Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bought an SP-1

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
John C, i never said there was a problem with the Firebolt, my only comment on the firebolt is half way down the page:

the firebolt is merely a slightly improved stock bolt and isn't as good as the TechT L7

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
Today I went and got 1k of the best balls I could buy and then
  1. Chronoed 20-30 of them through the stock barrel and got +-10 fps
  2. Chronoed 20-30 through all the inserts and 20-30 range on the bigger insets with 40+ on the smaller ones.
Shot the rest with a red dot laser at about 50-60 feet and got just about the best group with the stock barrel. Most of the wild and curly ones were with the smaller inserts with a snug paint fit.

This was by no means a scientific, controlled and accurate test but good enough to convince me that the inserts I got were a waste of money.

Thanks John. Really appreciate the info.

Any suggestions for a silencer to go with my SP-1? Where can I buy these things and how do I know a good one? Are they barrel specific or will they fit with most barrels?

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
First one has to understand the principals behind a silencer's operation ;)

In a firearm, its the hot, fast moving gases that cause the big bang.
To silence a firearm, you need to cool the gases and slow them down.
http://www.canadiantactical.ca/Images/ReflexCutOpen2.JPG

now if you look at the image, the first deflector directs the gas back into the expansion chamber around then barrel.

the rest of the baffles are designed to catch and slowdown more gas before it exits the barrel.

Now for a paintball silencer, its a bit different, the gases are cold and traveling at much lower velocity and there is barrel porting

so you could use a tube and some caps to cover the porting on the barrel (with expansion space inbetween)

but i would buy a Rap4 recon barrel with a threaded tip from Rap4uk.com along with one of their threaded muzzle brakes and attach a homemade silencer to that, so you have a threaded one. (they do offer a threaded silencer but i doubt its effective because it would be illegal in the US if it suppressed by even 1db!