The Home Of European Paintball

Bounce vest

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi there
I started out wearing a paintball jersey with foam padding in it ( eclipse hde camo jersey )
It does soften the blow a bit.. but in the end I found it too hot, I get shot less when I move faster. Sometimes less is more... its easy to waste money on equipment you think you might need but in practice it makes very little difference.
Like the others say though it's all down to personal preference
Ditto on alexs post about jerseys

Back in the day when I was going from punter days to walkons I bought a bargain bucket jersey (no padding) so that I would 'fit in' with the 'proper' paintballers. Until I discovered that 'proper' paintballers wear many different things. I wore it a couple of times then left it in the cupboard for years before giving it away

In more recent years I've been given and bought padded jerseys (Jersey clinic level 3)
I use these for the few times I've played tournament and for practice / photography
I've a generic one, a team one and a lime green French one which is best for photography under the media vest as the arms look less like a player

One day we may get a set of jerseys for our scenario team. We've designed a custom camouflage scheme and some of the guys have worn my jerseys and are generally being convinced
(But it also wouldn't look too good if I convince everyone to buy jerseys but go down to a t shirt again myself !)

Play with what's comfortable for you