Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Bounce vests.... Your opinions??

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Buck_lad, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Montek Member

Montek
    Message Count:
    I have a bounce vest but always getting shot in the side of my body where there is no padding , Effing stings at times

Magic Rat likes this.
  2. Muxas Muxas

Muxas
    Message Count:
    It's true the quality of the paint is so good that it doesn't worth to buy a bounce shirt

3. maxxon Member

maxxon
    Message Count:
    Tried one and just found it too hot... then again I'm too slow to play point so I don't get bunkered a whole lot.

4. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    As a padded item for avoiding pain, it doesn't do much for players other than those who are going to take a close impact (getting bunkered etc and having padded areas on sensitive points) or in a competitive tournament situation give the slight chance of a bounce (as a combination of a loose jersey and one padded layer below)

For a Marshall or photographer it can make a difference - we are the people stood still taking multiple hits without the adrenaline pumping

I wear a bounce vest when photographing and on the rare occasions that I am playing in a tournament.
    When photographing a tournament ill most likely be wearing a bounce vest, t shirt, jersey (jersey clinic level 3 padding), hi vis. If I'm hot I'll strip off down to bounce vest & hi vis, if very hot I've gone down to just hi vis, but it hurts

When playing in the woods I'll wear many combinations, but often go down to just a tshirt

Muxas likes this.
  5. maxxon Member

maxxon
    Message Count:
    Agreed, but if you're a marshall or photographer you don't have to follow the tournament clothing rules and can wear three hoodies or a padded winter jacket if you like.

I've seen some refs wear hard plastic ice hockey equipment. Not going to bounce anything, but very effective at taking the sting off hits.

6. TROUTLIPS charlie don't surf

TROUTLIPS
    Message Count:
    keep you too warm, its warm enough running around hauling kit why insulate yourself

7. chris jones New Member

chris jones
    Message Count:
    In the 93 masters the marshalls thought my shirt was a bit too thick so just my eagle cam top for me. Times do change.

8. Bolter Administrator

Bolter
    Message Count:
    with respect, when bounce vests came out, guns were regularly shooting 15bps plus. although I've never worn a bounce vest

9. chris jones New Member

chris jones
    Message Count:
    I agree with you there, worst you'd get was two or three hits. Usually needed at least three in the pro games before the hand went up

10. slam Toasted Cannon fodder

slam
    Message Count:
    To be fair I always wear one now but I haven't played in about 3 years. Spend all my field time reffing now unfortunately.