Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bounce vests.... Your opinions??

Montek

Mar 19, 2017
I have a bounce vest but always getting shot in the side of my body where there is no padding , Effing stings at times

Reactions: Magic Rat

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's true the quality of the paint is so good that it doesn't worth to buy a bounce shirt
Tried one and just found it too hot... then again I'm too slow to play point so I don't get bunkered a whole lot.
As a padded item for avoiding pain, it doesn't do much for players other than those who are going to take a close impact (getting bunkered etc and having padded areas on sensitive points) or in a competitive tournament situation give the slight chance of a bounce (as a combination of a loose jersey and one padded layer below)

For a Marshall or photographer it can make a difference - we are the people stood still taking multiple hits without the adrenaline pumping

I wear a bounce vest when photographing and on the rare occasions that I am playing in a tournament.
When photographing a tournament ill most likely be wearing a bounce vest, t shirt, jersey (jersey clinic level 3 padding), hi vis. If I'm hot I'll strip off down to bounce vest & hi vis, if very hot I've gone down to just hi vis, but it hurts

When playing in the woods I'll wear many combinations, but often go down to just a tshirt

Reactions: Muxas

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
For a Marshall or photographer it can make a difference - we are the people stood still taking multiple hits without the adrenaline pumping
Agreed, but if you're a marshall or photographer you don't have to follow the tournament clothing rules and can wear three hoodies or a padded winter jacket if you like.

I've seen some refs wear hard plastic ice hockey equipment. Not going to bounce anything, but very effective at taking the sting off hits.

chris jones

Jun 25, 2017
bracknell
I agree with you there, worst you'd get was two or three hits. Usually needed at least three in the pro games before the hand went up

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
To be fair I always wear one now but I haven't played in about 3 years. Spend all my field time reffing now unfortunately.