Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bounce Vests

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Okay, so after reading all of the posted rules that we could find for every series (NPPL, PSP, Mills, etc) it seems that bounce vests are not allowed due to the thickness restrictions of "padding" on the layers of clothing you're allowed.

I do know that a couple years back, people were using them in PSP and the rules simply hadn't been updated to include them as allowed (except for girls using them which has always been allowed).

So, is there any place that I can find an updated version of the CPPS rules as my team mates keep debating whether or not the bounce vests are allowed, and I can't come up with a definitive answer for them.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I don't need a bounce vest - my beer belly and moobs deflect enough shots as it is

Are tartan carpet slippers still tournament legal?

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well first of all CPPS follows the same rules as the millennium series: http://www.millennium-series.com/downloads/rules.pdf

before going any further i will say now that the CPPS is relaxed about certain rules which are not so important for a domestic series like this e.g. protected colours. its also a simple fact that despite what the rules say, players at cpps and mills wear bounce vests anyway but if you want to get technical then look at rules 9.01 and 9.03

allowed 1 undershirt and 1 jersey, and the jersey must not be made of a highly absorbent material.
an undershirt is normally considered just a tshirt but i suppose a typical bounce vest could be thought of as an undershirt as well if you get picky.

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
well first of all CPPS follows the same rules as the millennium series: http://www.millennium-series.com/downloads/rules.pdf

before going any further i will say now that the CPPS is relaxed about certain rules which are not so important for a domestic series like this e.g. protected colours. its also a simple fact that despite what the rules say, players at cpps and mills wear bounce vests anyway but if you want to get technical then look at rules 9.01 and 9.03

allowed 1 undershirt and 1 jersey, and the jersey must not be made of a highly absorbent material.
an undershirt is normally considered just a tshirt but i suppose a typical bounce vest could be thought of as an undershirt as well if you get picky.
The problem is that those rules are HORRIBLY out of date. The other problem is that the layers can only be a certain thickness according to those rules. We have a couple guys who train with them on and it's absolutely ridiculous how many bounces you get... I caught one of the guys in a lane on his way into a bunker and NONE of the paint broke on him. He called himself anyway since it's training, but still man... I don't want THAT happening in a tournament situation.

Reactions: Liam92

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
The problem is that those rules are HORRIBLY out of date. The other problem is that the layers can only be a certain thickness according to those rules. We have a couple guys who train with them on and it's absolutely ridiculous how many bounces you get... I caught one of the guys in a lane on his way into a bunker and NONE of the paint broke on him. He called himself anyway since it's training, but still man... I don't want THAT happening in a tournament situation.
stupid me i dunno how i managed to miss it but there is a footnote in the rules that says each layer is to be the thickness of a standard cotton tshirt so there you go millennium rules says you shouldnt wear them but as already mentioned, plenty of players do and its not like refs are going up and asking players to lift their shirts after all :rolleyes:

i've worn bounce vests for a long time and yes you do get some bounces off of them (obviously) but paint is still going to break on a straight on hit (assuming it's decent paint) since i know that other players are out there wearing them i'm not going to be putting myself at a disadvantage by not wearing one.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Are tartan carpet slippers still tournament legal?
Infamously, shoes are not on the MS list of approved equipment, so the wearing of tartan slippers, or any other kind of footwear is a grey area, however, it is presumed that they are actually allowed due to the following exclusion:

9.05 Players may not wear shoes with metal cleats or spikes.
As Marco states, MS relaxed the rules on layers, you can wear any number of bounce vests and hoodies you like.

Reactions: Liam92