Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Brass Eagles

p8ntballr07

Iron Baller
Jul 31, 2002
www.mnpropaintball.com
i have had my spyder tl+ for a year and a half now and i have thrown it around quite a bit and i haven't had a single problem with it. and spyders are way more upgradable:D and personally i think tippmans are overrated.

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
If a tippman is overated, state your case!!!!!!!!!! As for a spyder, never used one, so I won't slag it off but Tippmanns are a good solid, easy to upgrade, and are very good value for money. We are talking about a newbie here who wants to get more involved.

The advice i will give is TRY before you BUY and I mean try both the spyder and the tippy. Everyone has opionions but at the end of the day its your money.

I have a tippmann custom 98, see my spec below, and I love it. Its excellent for rec balling and it kicks butt. Its not a sup air gun but it gives a good showing.

:D

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
ive managed to stay quite long enough.. so here goes......

Both markers do the same job, you pull the trigger, they fire paint.
neither it hugely elegant in the way they do it. both are highly upgradable, but are quite different.

the Spyder - Spyders are good little reliable markers, sure things can go wrong, but if ya keep em clean any problems are easily fixed. ive worked with spyders for a while, and they are old field ones held together with tape in places, and they still run with a little TLC. They are slightly more refined than the Tippmann though. You dont see people at campaign playing with tippmanns, but you do see em running about with spyders (all be it top end ones)

The Tippmann - Tippmanns could have survived hiroshima. they are bullet proof, and as such relatively reliable. ive never played a game with one, but i have witnessed neddyboy rip up hell with one. they are easy to upgrade, but are better for woodland than sup-air / hyperball, and they are not tourney level guns.

Your clearly just starting out, and didnt want people like rhino jumping in and blowing issues out of proportion (something he is getting a reputation for).
i do ALOT of work with alot of differant markers, and am trying to give an unbiased a view as possible.
Everyone is differant and like differant things, make ure own decision on this one. Like neddy says (got there b4 i did) Try B4 u Buy. Always

youll make up your own mind.
I prefer Spyders, simply cos i know them backwards, and if something went wrong they are easy to get spares for, and quick to repair. I have to say i have never had to repair a tippmann, but it doesnt mean they are perfect.

Hope that Helps.

To rhino i say buck up your ideas, if the spyder is so terrible, how come there are so many clones of it?? Sabotage, Rebel, Bandit, Dragun... to name a few. you might like your tippmann, so just tell us that, not that your marker is the best in the world, and then not properly justify it.

Im done