Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bravo TV "Mission Paintball"

oli

Jul 11, 2001
surrey
paper,
seeing as you've taken a disliking to aspects of the show can you suggest how you would like to have seen it done???

Pave

Jul 11, 2001
Guernsey
www.bouja.com
The finals of the show will be totally SUP AIR so you'll get to see some "proper" paintball there....

Joe Public wants to see Soldier paintball not paintballers paintball.

By doing it this way, there is a hook for the public to get interested and then progress onto "the real thing" so to speak.

Instead of being so negative, how about explaining how it should have been instead of picking out what was wrong with it.

Aug 29, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
I beg to differ here:

I thought the whole idea of moving away from woodlands and camo was to give the sport a 'new' image that wasn't associated with 'wargames'?
Especially after all the work people have put in to try and distance us from this image.

Supairball, speedball, arenaball, etc in stadiums give a much faster, brighter, easier watchable format. Surely it could have been handled a lot better:

Set in a similar stadium to the toulouse one.
Multiple cameras with a central camera in each arena.
Possibly even a few roving 'player' cams.
The teams would be dressed in bright colours (as usual) there could be thumping soundtracks etc.
The 'stand' cameras would give a great view of the whol field so you could see moves being pulled off on both tapes at the same time.
etc....

The fact that the show contains Camo means that it won't be shown in some countries and may put people off (oh look, pretend soldiers,...click).
I'm sure if people flicking channels saw a show with cool tunes and a load of dudes running round in bright gear shooting at each other from behind bright inflatibles, they would be intrigued and want to know what was going on?

Just my opinion, but notice that I haven't flamed anyone else for theirs so don't flame me for constructive criticism.

To sum up, it looks like I totally agree with Paper here!!!!!!

--

Matt

"I see dumb people.....they're everywhere.
They walk around like everyone else.
They don't even know that they're dumb."

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Hang on a mo...

That's just reminded me - I recall seeing a programme where the presenter guy joined up with a team and played a Sup'Air tournament. In the unlikely event of my memory working properly, it was on Bravo earlier this year. Any idea what that was?

Cheers
T

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
The show can only be a good thing.

Think about it... when someone goes to play their FIRST game of paintball they will almost certainly end up playing woodland games with a cheap rented gun.

After that first game? Well maybe they take an interest in the sport and play more often. Maybe, just maybe they will have the motivation and the cash flow to take it just a little bit further and they'll get into the tourney scene and buy a nice marker... etc.

So think of this... if the show was "proper" paintball, all speedball and sup' air and the like. Well Joe public at home watches this and thinks "Wow I like the look of that". Before long he looks up his local paintball field and goes down there. What does he find? Most likely a woodland field that is nothing like the speedball he saw on TV.

So surely its BETTER for Joe Public to see woodland type paintball on TV. Then he'll know what to expect as that is almost certainly the type of game a new paintballer would be playing.

Woodland games are the starting point… the place where new players pick up their first marker, put on that mask and hopefully catch the paintball bug. Maybe after that first day they'll never play again. Maybe they'll come with a group of friends once in a while for some punter ball. Or maybe they'll take it further and end up on those tourney speedball fields you all want to see on TV so badly.

But that isn't what Joe Public need to see. They need to be shown the gateway... the starting point. Then the progression to a tourney baller will begin. But it MUST start with that first step.

So by all means lead them into those dark woods. And trust that one day they will emerge into the light.

Paintball and TV

Well, yes there is a better way to put paintball (as in sup'air) on tv... Anyone who watched the video of the Spyder Cup at the Kingman/Raven stand at Campaign knows that... for those of you who weren't there there was a godd commentry (apart from muggings being called 'suicide runs) and the bottom of the screen was a field plan showing players' positions and when they moved and were eliminated etc. This is the way forward... anyone could follow it and it was great to watch.