The Home Of European Paintball

break out

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Breakout

The breakout should be all about killing bad guys !!

If you've walked the field properly - you should know what primaries they are likely to head for plus most importantly - where the "hot bunker" is - i.e that 40 / 50 yd bunker which will allow you to kill or get you killed - you must control this and stop the bad guys getting in.

The breakout is the only period of the game where everyone is relatively out in the open - so you need kills in the 1st 10 secs.

In 7 man you should have 5 / 6 guns up and only have one runner - to try to take that key bunker !! Even this runner can run to a spot and then shoot the opposition front guy as he goes for the key bunker - then make his bump in .

Over the years we have tried long breaks , short breaks, control breaks - all have their place - depending on the field or the opponent. But having as many guns up and shooting key lanes and bunkers from the break will get you those kills.

Finally - think about a weighted break - where you load one side of the field to control it - eliminate the opposition backs and fronts and give you an open side - usually a snake field is ideal for this.

Some ideas - hope they help.

Rich

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I wonder how confused poor legion is what with so many differing pieces of advice.

so lets summarise for him:

Its entirely dependant on the field.

You need to get you and your guys shooting and running, not walking and shooting, to their barricades.

Not everyone needs to be shooting and running. Some players may need to get to their bunkers and running and shooting can slow you down.

Conversely sometimes everyone should be running and shooting.

Identify the barricades you think are important (i.e. the ones you would go to) These are more than likely to be the barricades the other team will head for. Look at how you might get to those barricades, identify where you could get shot and have your guys shooting those spots on the oppisistions side of the field.

Legion

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
this thread is kind of old now, i know more techniques and ways to break out. but lets keep it alive for other people wondering the same as what i did :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
number one rule i found for break outs is make sure that EVERYONE on your team knows where they are going and how they are getting there.
if you find your self in the start gate and billy bob says 'where shall i go'.....you can guarantee he is going to get moed to **** in 10 seconds flat and be no use at all. it will be his fault you lose that game.
have YOUR breakout well thought out in your head. are you emptying your loader before you move?, dropping to one knee to shoot? moving to back centre and bumping up or sprinting to the 50 and grabbing the flag for 25% of the score in the first ten seconds. what ever your team has agreed for you to do DO IT. dont change your plan, if you werent confident you could do the move, why did you agree to it?
rough example.....when we play five man my primary role is usually to be on the 50 instantly and have a flag in my hand before their guy.....with this in mind i focus on it and that is what i do....i know where to run, i know where the paint will be coming, no need to look up, head down and into my bunker, grab the flag, then and only then do i worry about what is going on next...its down to the back centre to tell me is their 50 guy got in, if he did then he is my next objective most of the time. 90% of the time i take the flag....maybe 70% of the time im out of the game with 30 seconds, around 70% of the time i remove my mirror and around 50% of the time i take a 2nd one too
i may not live long but thats not why im there. if i do my job ive scored the flag pull and one elimination, removed the danger man from the 50 and caused the other team to focus on me. While the back guys are moeing the 2 they missed on the break 4 on 2.