Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bricket Wood Walkons?

ImAz

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

Let me start by saying that it's great to be joining the community! I've been told that Bricket Wood is a great site and so I'd like to attend my first walk on there.

I have a couple of questions and have been advised to post them here.
  1. Does anybody have a price for Bricket Wood? I haven't been able to find anywhere to pre-purchase or anything like that. (I know you sometimes get cheaper fees if you pre-pay),
  2. I assume they do 3k air refills right? Again, not sure what to expect as it's my first walk on.
  3. What gear (other than marker/loader/pods) should I bring? Don't want to be the guy with all the gear and no idea but also don't want to be unprepared.
  4. Is there a Bricket Wood walkon Facebook group/ mailing list or anything along those lines?
Thanks,
Az

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I assume they do 3k air refills right
Az
Yes, they have 3k air fills

Generally you will find that pure punter sites such as Delta Force might just have co2

Sites that run walkons will normally have 3000psi fills

Some sites will also have 4500psi fills, but this is rare and would typically be brought in from sources such as HPAC for special events.
Whenever 4500psi is provided there would also be the option of 3000psi points to avoid people overfilling if they can only have 3000psi cylinders

ImAz

Dec 25, 2017
@Tom - Thanks again! I assumed as such.

While you're here, do you have a minute to drop some opinions on clothing? I'm looking at getting a Jersey (they're on sale for 20 quid on BZ atm), do you think this is a good idea before I've even attended my first walk on? I know I'm going to stick at this, I've played as a punter on many occasions and always wished I had the time to get into the sport and now I do.

Also, how essential are 'paintballing pants'? I'm not sure if I could just get by with some walking trousers and knee pads I already have. What do people generally wear to these things - is it common for people to wear bounce vests/ cups/ slide shorts etc?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to hit the ground running!

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
@Tom -
What do people generally wear to these things - is it common for people to wear bounce vests/ cups/ slide shorts etc?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to hit the ground running!
Nothing is essential, most of it is (and always has been) us lot wanting "bling" the only thing you need to do walk-on is the basics of marker, tank, mask, pack, hopper. You could do the rest in shorts and a t-shirt if you wanted though you'd be mad!

But if you're just moving from punter towards walk on and looking to see how much you want to get involved I'd say that gear is personal and dependant on what you're doing, I started in a zip up camo all in one, but the best thing I bought was my own mask. In fact it was the very first thing I bought and probably the best and there's where my advice lies.

If you're thinking of getting more into this silly old sport a decent mask will make *every* game better, even with basic punter gear, after that the world is your oyster...or your bank balance ruiner! :)

The rest is just protection for skin or bits, and even the dangly bits aren't as important as your eyes :p

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A proper jersey and pants/trousers are nice to have, but not essential.

I bought a lightweight jersey from the bargain bin very early on for next to nothing. It was just the wicking type
material and no padding.
This was good and comfortable but I only bought it thinking I needed it for walkons to fit in, but only wore it a couple of times before it sat in a drawer for years and I gave it away

In more recent years around the tournament scene I was given one jersey and have bought a couple, these are Jersey Clinic level 3 jerseys and have a good amount of padding in sensitive areas, elbows etc.
(One is random for training, one is a team branded one, and finally a lime green one which goes well with a media vest for photographing)
I also only recently got proper paintball trousers, I’ve bought a lightweight ‘training’ unpadded pair which are just good material and have paintball related pockets such as a fluffy pocket. I won a pair in a raffle which are now well used. I would’nt have paid the retail price but they are excellent, big, padded and baggy.
My other pair are also a good padded pair but not as baggy, again I wouldn’t pay full price but they were given to me as part of the ‘package’ photographing for a team

It’s going to depend on your style of play as to whether they are worth it to you. If you are inclined to crawl at any point then knee and elbow protection are essential.
Knee & elbow pads that are elasticated and slide on are best as opposed to strap on knee pads, but proper jerseys and trousers protect you unless they are just lightweight ones.
If you’re happy that this is for you then £20 on a discount jersey is a good start. But I’d probably recommend waiting for your first walkon and see what everyone else has and feel some of the styles in the lips shop on site (and get an idea of sizes as they vary)
Good paintball trousers are expensive, I don’t play enough to justify the expense to myself, but do like the comfort and padding

Walking trousers and knee pads will do you fine for day one. Pads are best worn under your trousers of possible, and if they strap on then do the top tighter and the lower strap looser.

My knees are bad so I use knee supports when playing and photographing. Take care of yours before you get old

I didn’t wear bounce vests in the past but do wear one on the tournament field. Adrenaline is a good painkiller for me, but when it’s up close a bounce vest makes a lot of difference.

I’m not a fan of cups, but do wear one for CQB type games.
I’ve taken some sensitive hits up close. It’s not good when you’re coming down steps and your dick is at rifle height.
I don’t wear one on the tournament field, but if the trousers weren’t so baggy & padded then I’d consider it

I’ve not worn slide shorts, but they have good padding if you slide on your side or for the crotch so are a consideration depending on what your trousers provide and if you’re going to dive and slide

Under my trousers I tend to wear my normal underwear plus some form of big shorts for extra support similar to slide shorts but not padded. If wearing a cup then it’s tucked into cricket undershorts as the ‘support’ shorts

In the tournament circuit there are rules on how many layers you can wear, but in the woods provided you don’t end up looking like Michelin man then it’s pretty much what suits you.
Playing on a tournament would be bounce vest, elbow pads and jersey but photographing I would add t-shirt and media vest then adjust layers for how hot i am.

I have mostly worn combat trousers and t-shirts, then perhaps a combat shirt or hoody. I used to wear Molle vests, but unless I need pouches etc for radios and lots of grenades or pistol mags then I’ll opt for the simplicity of a pod belt.
I used to use remote lines and my air on the back of my vest, but I prefer the bottle on the gun. (Depending on what I’m using)