Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

British Armed Forces teams entering NSPL..........thoughts please!

leach

Disruption!
May 10, 2008
Hi mate, me and 2 other players live in Bere Regis and play SPL in the millenium.. if we can help you train at all, just give us a shout.

the yorkie man

training at bricket wood
Mar 7, 2004
romford essex
www.bricketwoodpaintball.co.uk
help with training

hi mate
if you dont know me my names yorkie and i run bricket wood training centre in st albans herts, we have loads of teams train at our beloved grounds and im sure you wont find a shortage of people willing to help with your training needs, we can sort out a clinic with the best players this country has to offer, if you need any help at all dont hesitate to ask, maybe we can host an inter company league for you and run it as a fundraiser for your guys. the offer is there should you want it
in respect to your origional quote
go for it mate.
cheers
yorkie

outpostuk76

Mar 21, 2010
portsmouth
hi mate
if you dont know me my names yorkie and i run bricket wood training centre in st albans herts, we have loads of teams train at our beloved grounds and im sure you wont find a shortage of people willing to help with your training needs, we can sort out a clinic with the best players this country has to offer, if you need any help at all dont hesitate to ask, maybe we can host an inter company league for you and run it as a fundraiser for your guys. the offer is there should you want it
in respect to your origional quote
go for it mate.
cheers
yorkie
cheers yorkie, i will bear it in mind mate.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think it's a great idea .... the more the merrier !!

As an aside, I once when went to the Marine training center somewhere near Exmoor as part of a 'get to know paintball' initiative for the top brass down there.
We had a demonstration of about 5 or 6 of these marine guys assaulting a house me and another guy were in, I'm pretty sure they described it as FIBUA, the acronym standing for 'fighting in a built up area'.

The idea was, the 5 marines took the house we were in with both of us having markers ..... I have to say, the top brass were both impressed and unimpressed; and the marines themselves?
Let's put it this way, I think it impressed upon all of them just how fickle life can be ... on a knife-edge as it were ... here one second, gone in a chest full of paint the next .......

I think the metaphor was not lost on the top brass there and they understandably declined using paintball as a training weapon considering the improved range and accuracy of real weapons when applied to a similar situation.

It was extremely interesting day and I was really really impressed with the way they treated us and the degree of training those guys underwent .... I have nothing but admiration for any of those men in putting on that uniform .......it takes a degree of bollcks, the most of which, the vast majority of us can only imagine .... those guys have nuts, coconuts !!!

Jan 5, 2006
Kent
Visit site
I think it's a great idea .... the more the merrier !!
I think the metaphor was not lost on the top brass there and they understandably declined using paintball as a training weapon considering the improved range and accuracy of real weapons when applied to a similar situation.
That is really interesting and also quite funny !

I think the first time most people have played they are immediately struck with just how vulnerable you are in a firefight situation. It just ain't like in the movies !

I must have heard over a hundred rental customers say the same thing over the years... I think it teaches a bit of respect for all the poor souls who have had to face the real thing (along with 'Saving Private Ryan').

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
That is really interesting and also quite funny !

I think the first time most people have played they are immediately struck with just how vulnerable you are in a firefight situation. It just ain't like in the movies !

I must have heard over a hundred rental customers say the same thing over the years... I think it teaches a bit of respect for all the poor souls who have had to face the real thing (along with 'Saving Private Ryan').

Any time we have a group with the majority of players in their late teens or early twenties, all we hear is "yeah, it's gonna be just like xbox......"

ten minutes later and I'm standing laughing at the xbox heroes squealing (in a good way) when they get shot for the first time....

Tiberius

London Legion
Jul 23, 2009
London
I say go for it, what's the worst that can happen.

If you're ever a man short and want to keep it forces-flavoured, I'll try my best to get there and help out.

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
Great idea mate, I've played against some TA/forces guys when our site has run woodsball days. Good bunch of lads though some of them did have a tendency to run off and hide in the bushes, took us ages to find a couple of them :)