Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

BT-4 combat and variations

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Gramps, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Gramps New Member

Gramps
    Message Count:
    Hi everyone.
    Have procurred a BT-4 Combat as first marker. Searching for info/tips/mods on the web, not much going? Any and all info welcomed.

Thaanks

2. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    It's a basic mechanical gun equivalent to what sites use, i wouldn't waste money on mods, just use it, you'll be buying another gun within a year anyway (every one does), any money spent on upgrades/mods is dead money, you won't get it back if and when you sell it.

3. Gramps New Member

Gramps
    Message Count:
    Thanks Bod, I get your message.

4. Gramps New Member

Gramps
    Message Count:
    Been reading/web surfing this evening: Looks like BT-4/Tippmann 98/TacamoBolt/Valken Blackhawk are all the same markers, bar exterior cosmetics?!

5. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    Yep, like i said, basic mech site gun. BT did stand for Ben Tippmann who was a son or brother in the Tippmann family who fell out and started his own company ( or something along those lines ), the BT4 combat was his cosmetically different version of the tippmann 98, i guess somewhere along the way the company got bought out and became Battle Tested.
    Paintball is no different than anything else, products get licensed to other companies and are made in the same factory and sold under different brand names.