Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BT Delta Elite or G36 Elite

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Merry Christmas all!

I'm looking to buy a paintball marker, and I seem to have whittled it down to either the Delta Elite or G36 Elite. I am hoping some of you can offer some advice on either or both of these.

I'm looking for a marker that I'll be able to strip down to clean fairly easily, has a good range on it, and is relatively trouble free. Last thing I want is for at the start of a days paintballing for me to get dirt or something in it and I'm out of action for a while.

Any and all comments most welcome!

Thanks in advance everyone. Looking forward to (hopefully) becoming a regular contributor!

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Neither. They are both over priced blowback nonsense. If it must look like a gun there are better options. Look at the tm series second hand, the tippmann phenomn, or an etha emc.

All paintball guns have the same range as well.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
They're both the same gun, they're the BT Combat with different cosmetic parts added. The BT Combat slice is fairly easy to clean and maintain but it's still just basically a site gun.

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
I know it is vain, but yeah I would like a firearm looking marker. I do like how the Combat Slice looks fairly easy to clean. I'm fairly open minded when it comes to which marker, I had also looked at the TM-15, and the Dye Assualt Matrix, and X7, but everytime I try to suss out which is the best, there's a thread for another one. I guess it is like everything, everyone has different tastes etc. Just trying to find something that makes me think "yes, that's the one for me!"

Paul Harvey

Dec 22, 2013
I had a delta elite and I really did like it .. Bought a shroud for it and put a red dot on and it looked awsum. Took it to a few walk on days and managed to keep up with everyone .. A mate of mine is selling his been used half a dozen times and wants £200 for it as he having a kid so quitting paintball

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Well IMO the best bang for buck would be a second hand phenom. It will always be worth what you paid for it and is easily the most versatile platform in scenario market.

I'm saying this and I hate tippmanns personally.

Guy above that's cool of you to use an advice thread to try and advertise and promote a sale. OP £200 is waaaaay to much. Don't get scammed.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Son had one(delta elite) 'twas ok didn't have any issues with it,fiddly to strip and clean though.
As people have explained there's better markers ETHA with EMC gets good reviews couple of mates have them,seem to fire well,easy to maintain .
Personally I'd go for a second hand EGO 9,10,11. Or GEO 1,2,2.5.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
for the money of a G36 elite you can get a tm-15. BOD hit the nail on the head with it been nothing more than a bt4 slice with upgrade, its still a site gun though the upgrades do make it pretty effective, it certainly isnt as effective or efficient as other markers in its price range. tm15 is very easy to maintain, only issues with mine are down to a slight nick on an o ring or low battery. everything else so far has been spot on. and if something does go wrong, the parts are pretty cheap especially compared to other markers (that i have come accross).

2 screws and stock comes off, 1 screw and bolt and spring etc pop out, thats all you have to do for cleaning and maintenance really. unless your OCD with it like me and strip the thing to bits.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I know it is vain, but yeah I would like a firearm looking marker. I do like how the Combat Slice looks fairly easy to clean. I'm fairly open minded when it comes to which marker, "
I would seriously counsel against getting a "realistic" marker - they have many inherent disdvantages. We are not shooting bullets, we are shooting paintballs! Most "woodsball" markers made to look to firearms use an outdated, inefficient firing system (blowback). A tournament marker, on the other hand, will be lighter, more efficient, more consistent (accurate) and versatile. Tournament markers are at home in absolutely any paintball game, including woodsball, whereas "woodsball" type markers are used exclusively in woods games, not because they are better, but because the woods game masks their disadvantages.

If you search on the newbies page, I wrote a thread entitled a marker buying guide for newbies, which might be a useful read.

Reactions: Craggit