Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BT4 Leaking out of barrel

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
When i cock it before airing up i can shoot a few shots but it cannot keep up with the egrip and ends up missing shots and eventually cocking forward leading to the same resultant leaking

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Sounds more like sear height on the trigger to me now. Try raising it slightly

Have you tired a different bottle?

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
i've just done that, it's not locking foward but it does still miss shots, (1 in 5 trigger pulls actually shoot) shall i keep increasing the height?

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
You didn't mention the e-grip...

Try a new battery, the pancake solenoids are power hungry and will miss if the voltage isn't high enough on the cell... Also make sure you didn't adjust your sear too much, I'd take it to a Tippmann tech at a big game if you play one, ask nicely and they'll have a butcher's for you ;)

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
yeah i've done that don't worry haha, it's still cocking forward occasionally and missing beats no matter how much i change the sear forward and back, i'll take it to NPF in a week or so and see if anyone has an idea as i understand it's hard to identify a problem from my explanations ;)

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Another thing might be shoot down from your bottle.

Air up fully then give your tank one quarter turn or so anti-clockwise.

Some air tank regulator pins can form a choke on the air supply if they're screwed into an ASA too tight... The quarter turn will release that pressure on the pin allowing the air to flow less restricted.

The best way to adjust your sear is with no air or paint. Cock the marker, and pull the trigger. If it de-cocks each time your sear height is good, if not, adjust until it does every time... Then try with air...