Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bunkering

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
I don't think I've really seen you pull off such moves, though to be frank, on the occasions I would have been there to witness them you've been more interested in acting up for the camera Jack!
Nspl rnd2 was the occasion I was thinking of. I ran down demo's snake player (who was in our snake2) and then proceeded to bunker the 3 remaining players.

...even managed to get a compliment for it from the ginger half of the uk's joint best player :eek:

I happliy play up when I can (if i'm guesting or playing one off events for example) but when I'm with my team in a series event I can be serious, I'll have you know

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
It really requires confidence and an understanding of the game that comes with experience. Just play the ball dude, don't worry about it too much.
You yourself are a newbie, you said that in another thread just today.

Bunkering
I would just like to add, having the experience to know when to make the move is one thing, having the skill to pull it off is another.

But you're right, if you dont know whats out there, you are better off staying put until you do.
Get as much game time in against better players as you can.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Part experience, part luck and you need to have the right mindset to do it. There are a lot of players who will never perform a run-through type bunkering as they're too scared of being shot.

I have a healthy aversion to pain so do it rarely, but when the red mist does descend occasionally I've had experiences at both ends of the scale. Some times I've started a move and promptly got lit up by 4 players simultaneously as I'd misread both the numbers of players still in play and where they were looking/shooting. On the other hand I've had the rare (as in once) success of going from my 40 to the other end of the field in one move, taking 4 players out en route - as they were all looking out the wrong side of their bunkers at the time or otherwise engaged.

Only cues you tend to get are comms from your teammates on where opponents are, sight/sound/feel of paint being shot in your general direction and your own view of the field to see where people are or where they ran to on the break.

I was lucky that my one piece of luck back in 2008 was captured on camera for me to bore you all with for eternity:

Start point - 30 or 40 line bunker which I made from the break.

No-one seems to be looking my way so off I go, gun up and firing at a bunker I know someone is behind:

Lucky break #1 - the left tape player is potting up with his gun down, kill #1

Lucky break #2 - Lemon is out the left of her bunker, kill #2

Lucky break #3 - Back left player not looking my way, ignore him for a mo

....as I'm sure there's someone else back here, aha!

Lucky break #4 - Back centre player looking out left.

Ptew! Kill #3

Catch up with the back left man now, ptew! Kill #4

In my case, 95% luck, 5% skill. My top bunkering tip would be - don't overdo the paint lovin'. People don't mind getting bunkered provided you don't hose them down. One in the back and one in the pack is always a good motto.......oh and don't start a move with an empty hopper, that sucks.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good or experienced you are, if you're unlucky and someone switches side just as you start running, it's time to count your welts in the deadbox.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Oops, didn't realise I'd got the family bumper pack of eliminations.

<tiptoes out quietly before being banned> :)

Rauh

Aug 15, 2010
It really requires confidence and an understanding of the game that comes with experience. Just play the ball dude, don't worry about it too much.
It doesnt, i threw a bunker into someone after we finished packing up. to be honest it doesnt take much to throw a bag of air... thats my two pence

rauh

Reactions: Ellis90