Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

burst disc venting

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Hi all,

I played a walkon on Sunday and filled my bottle like normal. heard a minor hissing that i tracked down to the 7.5k burst disc. tried to tighten this but it was already tight, so went to chrono and air up the marker, fire a few times and the hissing stopped. I thought no more of it, the bottle was holding air, and the marker was working fine.

Then at about 1500psi left in the bottle the disc started venting again. it wasn't a broken disc vent where it dumps the air really quickly, it was a slower gentle hiss just enough to chill the reg, probably took 5 mins to vent the 1500psi.

Anyone any ideas what might have caused this?

PS for what its worth ive replaced said burst disc with a new one though cant see if thios has solved the issue as i have no way of filling the bottle until my next walkon

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Haven't had chance to air up with the new one in.
More wondering if anyone had this happen to them and figured out the cause

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Hijacking my own thread. I also thought ud change the 1.8K disc whilst at it but noticed they were different.
Is this now the case that the copper disk is on the end. See pic. Old on the left new on the right.
These were purchased from fatbobs as the only 1.8K option on the website.

Attachments

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Just don't know if it can be used or if Ive been sent the wrong one lol. Will get in contact with fatbobs when they are open.

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
Interesting. Never seen that design before but thanks for the info. I might just leave my old one in at the moment as it's working find.