Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bushmaster: any good?

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Wadidiz
Thanks Philip. Maybe see you on a field with my new kit next year.

Steve
Be aware though, despite his praise I have *never* seen him play with his own Bushmaster, there's always something wrong with it.

Why were you using an Evo on Sunday Phil? Bugger your anti-double ball feed again?

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by Cube

Be aware though, despite his praise I have *never* seen him play with his own Bushmaster, there's always something wrong with it.

Why were you using an Evo on Sunday Phil? Bugger your anti-double ball feed again?
Evolution hopper ;)

I used my bushy all day yesterday without a problem :D :D It looked like the eblade was having probs though.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Philip

Evolution hopper ;)

I used my bushy all day yesterday without a problem :D :D It looked like the eblade was having probs though.
Ah, thought you'd scrounged an Evo 2 again.

How d'you find the evo hopper, just got a nice Halo B and it feeds paint like a goodun.

Glad to here you got that POS working for once ;) :D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by Cube

Ah, thought you'd scrounged an Evo 2 again.

How d'you find the evo hopper, just got a nice Halo B and it feeds paint like a goodun.

Glad to here you got that POS working for once ;) :D
The hopper was great :D

And its always working, until i get somewhere important when its needed the most :eek:

Not one problem yesterday, except for a broken matrix and spyder

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Philip

Evolution hopper ;)

I used my bushy all day yesterday without a problem :D :D
That's another thing I was looking at. Hoppers. I was thinking of getting the new Easter egg since it is supposed to feed faster than the revvy and the Halo B is way too heavy. Can't afford the Warp yet.

So the eVLtion II is to recommend?

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
BKO

Wadidiz...I have recently picked up a BKO myself. Definitely needs another barrel as medium bore paint rolls down it. I am currently running a Palmer Stabilizer as my only upgrade. It's light, it's quiet, runs as fast as my fingers go and is as efficient on gas (maybe more so) as the full on Bushmaster. My only problem is a bit of blowback into the feed. I plan on getting vaporworks o-ring bolt and either the vapor valve or Mac-Dev red valve. Trigger weight is a bit light and I'll be fixing that, but that's a personal preference. So far I am pleased with the out of the box performance and efficiency. The LPR has gotten some bad rap, but I haven't found any problems with it. Didn't play with the stock HP regulator at all.
According to the reviews area a Viking runs mid $800 US.

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Thanx Big Mac,

Do you think the eVLution II has enough force-feed to overcome the blow-back to the feed?

I think I'm getting my package together:

BKO
Drop-forward cradle (I wish I could find a tank ring that attaches to the handle like I had before from Nitro-Duck)
eVLution II
Crossfire 4500,47cu.in. tank preset to 400

Priority of upgrades:

My own trigger modification (top-secret!)

Some barrel that is short 10-11", accurate, quiet and fits good paint (like Marballizer or Draxxus)

Palm Stabilizer

Chaos chip

Vaporworks bolt

Vapor valve

Definitely open to suggestions since it might take me a month or two before I can order my new kit. More advice welcome.

Then I'm gonna be smokin' some bizitches!:D

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
BKO kit

I think any motorized hopper would help with the popping balls. It only happens to me when the hopper is nearly empty. I haven't had any experience directly with the EvoII. My plan is for the Ricochet (hinting to the wife that I need one for my upcoming Birthday!). Ordered my vapor valve before the weekend. I'd be interested in your barrel choice as I've yet to get one.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
If you're going to spend that much money upgrading a 300 dollar marker, why not wait and get something nicer, like an Angel (led's are about 500 now)! Now that that's out of the way...

My buddy has a bushy that he wasted a fair share of his money on, so I'll give some suggestions based on his experience.

Buy either a freak or a boomstick if you want a great barrel.

A stabalizer would be kinda pointless, they're better suited for co2 than air. Everybody who has bushys usually buy gladiators.

A new chip will only increase your ROF by about 4 bps, so it's up to you

New bolt's a good idea, helps alot.

New valve can help, not a neccesity, but if you think you want one...

My buddy never had any blowback into his feedneck, he used a ricochet 2k and it worked great for him, if you want an over-inflated balloon sitting atop your marker, the evoII is for you. A 12volt rev with x board should do you right fine.

An LPR guage can be helpful too.

The system X drop/cradle is really good, if not that, the shocktech.

If you're playing front, a new feedneck would signifigantly lower your profile with a bushy.

The crossfire is a right fine air tank, but why do you want a 47 ci 4500psi? A 68 3 would be smaller and give you about the same shots

Good luck