Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bushmaster: any good?

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
A great many Bushmaster users (among others) use the Palmer over the Gladiator. The Palmer is a great reg, one of the industries best. You lose nothing using it over the Gladiator..so I have to disagree with you on that one. Much of what you would upgrade is also necessary on the 'Angel' unless you plan on using a non-motorized hopper on the Angel too. So why upgrade a less expensive marker? Because that's our preference, perhaps guided somewhat by the size of the wallet.

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
But with an angel, all you need is a motorized hopper, no new bolt, valve, reg etc etc. For as much as this guy wants to spend on a Bushmaster he could buy an led angel, which has an amazing ROF, low maintenence and all the other great features of the angel.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
But the LEDS are heavier, bigger, uglier.

And what he's gonna spend is about $500-550 without air, and thats for a brand new gun, not second hand out of date angel.

People just like to know that they have a nice new/shiny marker ;)

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Philip
Great, lemme use it at training on the 10th ;) :D :D
Don't think I'll have it by then :(

Hoping it'll be ready for the cup though.

Oh and you had no chance!

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
If you need nothing for your budget Angel, then what are all the aftermarket parts available for Angel's about? Do I need the new bolt or valve for my BKO? Not really. It works fine out of the box. Even the stock barrel isn't half bad (though I wouldn't try shooting small bore paint with it). Half the enjoyment of this is personalizing your marker whether you need it or not. Angel's are prime examples... a fine marker without upgrades.... now try to find someone that has a totally stock one.
I'm pleased with my BKO out of the box. A few choice upgrades, of minimal investment and I would still be under the cost of the budget Angel and I will have a marker personalized by and to me.