Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buy Dye i4 or wait for i5/i6?

Dinan Gunawardena

BaronVonDino
Sep 8, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Hi All,

Another newbie question as I start buying my own kit for the first time...

I see some Dye i4 Pro 2016 masks discounted at around £70 (bz). Do you think it is worth buying these or waiting for the i6 to be released... I assume the i5s would be discounted then. Any other masks I should be considering?

I probably don't need the kit for a month so I could wait a bit.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
--Dinan

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
Most masks are pretty good, again worth trying afew peoples on to see what feels best for you. Second hand masks are OK but you need to really look at condition of everything from lens to strap to foam, get more pics or buy new.

Reactions: Dinan Gunawardena

Dinan Gunawardena

BaronVonDino
Sep 8, 2017
Cambridgeshire
I tried a Dye i4 Pro at the recent tornament training session - it was excellent, fitted well and didn't fog up like the 'cheaper' mask that I borrowed. I understand that you can interchange the lenses between i4/i5 and I'd need to look at changing them every few sessions as they tend to get scratched?

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
Use a spray and proper cloth and no scratches, I have none on mine, noticeable anyway.

Look after your kit and it will look after you, mind you I don't play tournaments so perhaps just not seen it

Garcelle

More paint please
Aug 8, 2017
Hi dinan,
I've had my i5 mask since May and it doesn't have a mark on the lense. It's been hit multiple times while playing.
As scooby said, clean water in a spray bottle and some cheap micro fibre cloths off eBay to get the paint and sweat off in-between rounds and you won't have an issue.

Unless you run into a tree.

Joe

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
Goggles aren't about having the latest thing there about being a good fit for you also based on the i4 to i5 gap you could well be waiting maybe 4/5 years for i6's