Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying advice

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
Hi folks I'm looking for some advice as I want to buy a second marker, as at the moment I only have my DAM and in the event it fails or I just fancy using something else I feel I need to buy a second.

So in line for consideration is the Crossover XVR and the Ego LV1 or 1.1, but I am unsure whats what about them.

Other than I have had ago of my mates XVR and found this was a fun bit of kit to use and he likes his so much that his using it over his DAM.

The Ego I have not had a chance to have ago of yet, but when I bought my DAM the guy selling it had a deep hunter LV1 for sale as well and I really liked the look of it but had only really read up on the DAM so had no knowledge of the marker.

Now with the cross over I know a little more, as my mate is making some changes to his with a TechT bolt and a low pressure Ninja reg which is going to make it far more efficient to run and after installing the TechT to my DAM. I know these make more than just a little difference to how the marker shoots.

As for its fire rate that is actually very good and I liked the fact it was easy to programme and that when it did fire it put the shot where you wanted it even with rubbish paint. As for after care its a Tippmann, which from what I have seen from my mates experience means it a bit of an AK47 and will do what its meant to with minimal fuss.

However I know very little about what, if or should you make changes to the LV1/1.1 and how it fires and its ease of maintenance or if it is even suited to woodsball.

When it comes to price it's a trade off, well except at the moment as I can buy a brand new XVR from BZ for £200. However I don't have £200 right now and I'm sure they will sell their stock before I can buy one at that price.

This means when they go back up in price I'm looking at £400 give or take a little for a new marker or for the same money I can have a used LV1 as that seems to be the going rate for them....as for the 1.1 I'm not sure as I haven't seen any for sale yet.

So with that all said any and all advice is welcome, as I have time on my hands while I try to juggle a new reg and lens purchase and putting some aside for my new marker purchase

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
Just sold a 1.1 and it was like new,just over 1k through it. £465
So they should be plenty around your budget...very nice markers.goodluck

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
Just sold a 1.1 and it was like new,just over 1k through it. £465
So they should be plenty around your budget...very nice markers.goodluck
Fingers crossed, at the moment I'm just looking and looking up YouTube videos, it's an easier platform to find details out about that's for sure, where as the DAM is pretty much there it is enjoy