Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying first gear, let me know what you think...

Homewrecker

previously Tomtimus Prime
Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
Makes sense, I guess I'll wait until next month and just get a Guerrilla tank like everyone keeps telling me. :rolleyes:

After that, I've just a hopper, pads and pants to go now... then I'll be battle ready. :D

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
yeah you defo wont regret going with Guerrilla. Their tanks are ridiculously light for their respective capacities.

certainly have not regretted switching over to GA from my DYE throttle.

Homewrecker

Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
Not that it's important (especially because it will be covered with a tank protector) but they looks pretty bas ass too..

Homewrecker

Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
Is he Rotor really worth the extra money over say, a Halo too? Even second hand the Rotor's don't seem to drop in price very much (which kinda answers my question, I know).

I've heard people raving about battery life, and maintenance...is it worth the extra doller?

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
the rotor pretty much ticks all the boxes in the following catergories:-

1). looks
2). performance
3). ease of maintenance
4). ease of dissassembly
5). ease of use
6). battery life
7). anti-jam

the empire prophecy is a comparable hopper to the rotor and can be bought cheaper 2nd hand. It's lighter than the rotor with a far larger mouth (you can shove your whole hand inside). It kinda fails in terms of ease of dissassembly and the feedneck is prone to issues unless reinforced with an aluminium feedneck (but i think all gen2 prophecies come with this upgrade as standard now).

In short, either fork out for a rotor or prophecy. Either will serve you very well and are miles better than the competition. Just comes down to personal preference in the end. I initially owned a Prophecy but swtiched over to being a rotor fanboy after finding out how ridiculously easy it was to clean and its battery life is insane.

Homewrecker

Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
The Rotor is gorgeous, and definitely matches the look of the DM9... I'll most likely buy one, unless I see a insanely good deal for an Empire or what not.

I guess it's a bit of a waste of time buying cheap to replace later, I might as well just buy quality and only have to upgrade by choice and not necessity.

Smileanator

Mar 10, 2009
Yea the rotor is definatly worth it. I hope you have a blast once youve got all your gear mate, uve ceartinly got some incentive to keep playing now! I reccomend u get into the more competitive side of paintball, it can be daunting at first but if you find a team and take on board some basic playing skills you'll probaly be up to scratch in no time.

Homewrecker

Aug 9, 2010
Manchester
Yea that’s the main route I'm taking.... I'll probably have a run around the woods every now and again for fun, but I'm all about the inflatables. :D

I've seemingly become obsessed by this sport in a very short amount of time, probably for the best...