Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying first gun!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
An Etha is good value if you can get one around £80 - there are a few knocking around, and if you are not concerned with entering the paintball arms race they do just fine.

That said, as @James ECI says an Etha 2 is far superior, and those go around the £200 mark, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on how much it has been used.

A CS1 is probably the best marker you can get for around £300, but ideally you need to have a tank with a low pressure reg to use with it.

There are a number of guns that will do the job very well in the £100 -£200 bracket. An Empire Axe can be bought for around £120 or less, and is a solid marker. Older Egos and Geos are in the £120 - £200 range, but a lot of it is down to personal preference.

If you just want to play mech, then the only gun you should buy is an EMEK.

Try a couple of different guns before you buy at, say, a store or a walkon.

Good luck!

Reactions: James ECI

silversurfer09

Platinum Membership
Mar 11, 2019
Kidderminster
I’m looking to buy my first gun for the odd walkon and just general tomfoolery. I’ve got my eyes set on an Eclipse Emek as it’s a good gun for beginners as long as you’re not going to be getting too serious (joining a team etc)
Have a look at what I’m selling if your still looking for a marker and start up get. Leaving the sport.

Valsun

Jan 2, 2016
Cheers Fella, I did have a look but it’s a bit out of my Budget right now ;) Thanks for thinking of me though
I had an Etha as my first proper marker and it did me good. It did lead on to more pricey markers but it was a good starter.

(It is in the sales forum at the moment... just sayin)