Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying markers from America

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Does anybody have experience with buying markers from America to the U.K.? Would like some advice if it’s safe to do so or if people have had issues and would recommend against! Thanks!

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Always pay via PayPal to get some form of protection from deals gone bad and remember anything over £16 (item + shipping costs) will be subject to VAT / Duties / Handling fees.

Avoid items like cylinders that may not the valid in the destination country.

I may be misremembering but some manufacturers may not warrant their own products out of region.

Reactions: Schmickle

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Always pay via PayPal to get some form of protection from deals gone bad and remember anything over £16 (item + shipping costs) will be subject to VAT / Duties / Handling fees.

Avoid items like cylinders that may not the valid in the destination country.

I may be misremembering but some manufacturers may not warrant their own products out of region.
Thank you! I’m aware of the large import costs unfortunately, but I’m worried about customs seizing it or sending it back to the seller!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thank you! I’m aware of the large import costs unfortunately, but I’m worried about customs seizing it or sending it back to the seller!
The only likely non financial customs issue would most likely be something looking more realistic such as magfed.

Legal to have here, but they could be looked at as RIFs under the VCRA
The UKPSF raised the question of potential paintball RIFs to the Home Office - it can go two ways:
1)They are low powered air weapons, and therefore firearms not imitations, which have the frangible get out clause.
If taken that way there is no problem with customs
2)They are considered RIFs. We don’t have a scheme such as the UKARA to document valid use (for airsoft it’s skirmishing)
The Home Office said that UKPSF player membership may qualify to document a VCRA Defence for paintball

If you get a customs letter asking about RIFs and a defence (they may not even open to inspect before sending a letter)
I did get a similar letter many years ago importing airsoft grenade launchers & shells shortly after the act came into force.
I stated that they were not RIFs, but also gave my reason for importing for scenario paintball events and gave my UKPSF details. I managed to get them in.

Reactions: Schmickle

G4z

Oct 6, 2011
Broughton
I’d like to buy a GSL or TWSTR marker, but because it will be pricey I’m quite worried about taking the risk haha
I got an lv1 dynasty waffle from p8nation and the lad sent it as the marker was only worth $100 so the import tax was £12 :sneaky: