Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying markers from America

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
I got an lv1 dynasty waffle from p8nation and the lad sent it as the marker was only worth $100 so the import tax was £12 :sneaky:
I have considered this as I’ve done it for other things, but if something goes wrong does it mean you aren’t covered?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have considered this as I’ve done it for other things, but if something goes wrong does it mean you aren’t covered?
If undervalued then the postage insurance will only cover the declared amount

Pay by PayPal etc and you have comeback on the amount you paid vs the amount they declared, but if you ask them to under declare then you have contributed to the loss

Reactions: Schmickle

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
I got an lv1 dynasty waffle from p8nation and the lad sent it as the marker was only worth $100 so the import tax was £12 :sneaky:
isn't this classed as tax evasion if the markers considerably worth more then the seller actually states ?
dont get me wrong how do they actually know what its worth and surely you could just state it was a bargain if the sellers in on it also.

I have a few friends in the states who would consider sending me a ccm pump over.

Reactions: Avon

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
isn't this classed as tax evasion if the markers considerably worth more then the seller actually states ?
dont get me wrong how do they actually know what its worth and surely you could just state it was a bargain if the sellers in on it also.

I have a few friends in the states who would consider sending me a ccm pump over.
If the value is down played then lost... what happens then...

Ive got an adrenaline shocker coming - $1400 i just told the sell stick the price on the package.

Reason - if it gets lost i aint losing my money.

Besides - paintball is expensive anyway... does anyone care that much about tax?

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
If the value is down played then lost... what happens then...

Ive got an adrenaline shocker coming - $1400 i just told the sell stick the price on the package.

Reason - if it gets lost i aint losing my money.

Besides - paintball is expensive anyway... does anyone care that much about tax?
Agreed. otherwise if I didn't Id have a ccm coming from the states instead of one I've just purchased from France

Surflamj

Dec 13, 2020
Im in the US and trying to get mt post count up so i can MSG someone on the BST here about a marker. Are most users open to shipping to the US? How much of a hassle has it been for those that have?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Im in the US and trying to get mt post count up so i can MSG someone on the BST here about a marker. Are most users open to shipping to the US? How much of a hassle has it been for those that have?
This will happen on a case by case basis with each seller and may depend on the item and value.

Once you have access you can ask the particular individual.
I recommend that you take into account the time and expense of international postage, ensuring that tracking and insurance are appropriate - it could be costly, but if the product is worth it then it takes away any problems.