Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

buying markers from overseas

Rickymeah

Feb 2, 2014
I'm thinking about buying a marker from the u.s and was wondering will i have to do any modifications to the gun to play over here i am aware of shipping costs and stuff

thanks

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Generally any marker you buy would be acceptable, unless you start looking at markers that reuse firearm components. What are you thinking of purchasing?

If you are aware of the costs, then you will know there isn't any saving and would only be worthwhile for something that is effectively unobtainable within the UK. I have purchased on that basis (where price is a secondary concern)

Rickymeah

Feb 2, 2014
I've got a angel a1 but would like a a1 fly was going to get one off the site i play at but had my head turned looking online at markers from overseas thanks for ur help

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
The A1 was a great marker for it's time... some genuine innovation. Fortunately despite their demise NPF and LIPS can still service them

Buying a 2nd hand marker from the States has inherent risks... so just be cautious that you might think you have a deal, but resolving issues with US sellers could be problematic

All I'd say is that it would have to be very special to warrant the importation costs etc

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
if not a a1 one what would u say was a good marker to get to move forward with
got to depend on your budget... but I'd always recommend Planet Eclipse markers.

With the UK servicing and high reliability (even in the lower range markers). Depending on what you want to spend and how frequently you play will steer you to a marker. Buying 2nd hand will deliver a high end marker for relatively small outlay for 3-4 year old marker

Others on here will champion other brands... which are always an option

What I would suggest is getting yourself on a walk on day and asking others there, about their markers etc. most players will let you hold and shoot it, so you get a genuine appreciation of your options

Rickymeah

Feb 2, 2014
i am a walk on (own gunner ) I've used angels all the way tried a couple of other guns witch i found to break and not a easy to use and clean thanks for your help

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
i am a walk on (own gunner ) I've used angels all the way tried a couple of other guns witch i found to break and not a easy to use and clean thanks for your help
Well in that case you have clearly opted for / have a preference. All markers can have issues for a variety of reasons. A general rule applies that the more high end the marker, the easier they are to maintain, setup and operate. Ultimately you get what you pay for! The A1 was a high end marker and you get the benefit of that

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Well in that case you have clearly opted for / have a preference. All markers can have issues for a variety of reasons. A general rule applies that the more high end the marker, the easier they are to maintain, setup and operate. Ultimately you get what you pay for! The A1 was a high end marker and you get the benefit of that
I disagree with the statement "the more high end, the easier to maintain". Most guns are pretty easy to maintain, take the mini for example (costs 1/4 of an LV1) theres only one moving part, the bolt. Keep it clean, and lube 2 orings. Dunno how you can get easier?

Setup and operate? Always see "1 billion settings combinations" on the adverts for these high end guns, how is that easy to set up? Surely switch on and play is easier?

Its like saying, get a Ferrari, they are so easy to maintain setup and operate over a Focus.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I disagree with the statement "the more high end, the easier to maintain". Most guns are pretty easy to maintain, take the mini for example (costs 1/4 of an LV1) theres only one moving part, the bolt. Keep it clean, and lube 2 orings. Dunno how you can get easier?

Setup and operate? Always see "1 billion settings combinations" on the adverts for these high end guns, how is that easy to set up? Surely switch on and play is easier?

Its like saying, get a Ferrari, they are so easy to maintain setup and operate over a Focus.
Happy to stand corrected... Not an expert on the mini bolt maintenance. So happy to qualify that in my experience that is true and maintenance wouldn't be limited to just lube etc. Generally I find a marker with a screen easier to configure than a led (having used virtue boards, Etek and Ethas). Also easier to adjust other settings IMHO . But with familiarity I'm sure the mini is just as easy, just a steeper leaning curve.

With your car analogy, as again my experience the premium brands do offer better service levels and flexibility (Porsche, Land Rover, BMW, Audi). Not opted for a Ferrari as they are a nightmare to get a kit bag in... ;)