Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Buying & selling etiquette

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Is there a buying and selling etiquette at all ???

Really sorry for this, but its something that has been winding me up for years and its now time to get off my chest.

In all my sale threads on here I always send a message to my buyer once I have sent an item giving them details of how the parcel was sent along with tracking info etc. I also ask that once the item is received that they let me know they have received it and also ask for them to leave me some feedback in the i-trader section.

Also, with any item that I have purchased on here, again once the item is received I always drop them a little pm to advise its received and also leave them feedback if they have a thread to do so.

Just really wondering if there is a common courtesy or am I just wasting my life away ??

As with Ebay, its always good to leave and to receive feedback and I appreciate what I receive on here. I hope that in every deal I have ever done, that my buyer has always been 100% happy with what they have purchased as I have always been in my purchasing.

It really does grind my gears that once I have sent an item, that I dont receive any form of acknowledgement that the item is received.

I have dealt with numerous persons on the forums over the years of being here and theres probably alot of you that agree with what I am saying here, I know that most of the feedback that goes around on here is probably from the Plat members, but its still in my opinion polite to at least acknowledge received goods.

Is it just me or should I get off my soapbox and run ????

Feel free to flame me or join my moaning bandwagon !!!!

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
I'm exactly the same - I always keep the seller updated and ask for the same. A little communication goes a long way when it comes to trading.

It is courtesy, whether or not it's common is another matter...
;)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Bugs me when i have sent an item out to a buyer, advise the buyer item/s have been sent with a tracking number, but i dont get a response once they recieved the item/s.
All it takes is a quick pm saying item recieved, instead of me holding on to the postage reciept, wondering whether the item/s have actually arrived to the buyer.
I know you can check online to see if the item/s have been signed for, but its nice to make sure from the buyer.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
same here again, has happened a couple of times recently that i've heard nothing, even after sending another PM to check that it has actually arrived! goes two ways though because if they don't reply to my messages checking up on the status of a delivery then if something happens down the line, its not my problem you couldn't be bothered taking a minute to ask me if i had posted the item or whatever.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
It's why God invented recorded delivery. You can check for yourself, i've no faith in people any more so I always assume if I don't hear from them that they're trying to claim it didn't arrive. 75 pence extra gives me the peace of mind I need :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
It's why God invented recorded delivery. You can check for yourself, i've no faith in people any more so I always assume if I don't hear from them that they're trying to claim it didn't arrive. 75 pence extra gives me the peace of mind I need :)
knowledge is power eh! to be fair though, if a seller gets proof of postage and can produce this on demand then i'd say that is a reasonable enough effort on their part and shouldnt have to go to the extra cost just so that the buyer doesn't have to make any effort. could compare it to your consumer rights of returning faulty products; if you wait 2 months before taking your big expensive TV back to the shop because it's broken then whose fault is it? basically if there's a problem with a sale then its the buyers responsibility to bring it up, otherwise how are we (the seller) meant to know

p1lk0

Jun 6, 2011
I think its always a good idea to let the seller know that the item has been received by replying to the thread, which also gives their for sale thread a cheeky bump ;)

G

Gassy

I think its always a good idea to let the seller know that the item has been received by replying to the thread, which also gives their for sale thread a cheeky bump ;)
Buyers should pm the seller to let them know they have received the item,as only plat members are entitled to receive feed back.
Feed back left on a non plats for sale thread will be deleted if spotted.

It would be nice if all buyers let sellers know that their item had arrived,but I am sorry to say that the odd few do not seem to think that they have to.

Mrs G.

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
My advice is:

dont tell the bloke at the post office or courier that its a paintball gun worth £500+