The Home Of European Paintball

calibrating Chronographs.

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
I never walk on a field without my

handheld chronograph now, and I do not use the Big Red chronos to setup my marker, been chronod on the fields up to now with no difficulties at all.

1 rule, HH Chronograph is held at 90 degrees at inch from the end of the barrel, and they work fine.

(BTW the link to constistant marker has exceeded its bandwidth ;) )

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
I never walk on a field without my

Originally posted by Silentbob
handheld chronograph now, and I do not use the Big Red chronos to setup my marker, been chronod on the fields up to now with no difficulties at all.

1 rule, HH Chronograph is held at 90 degrees at inch from the end of the barrel, and they work fine.

(BTW the link to constistant marker has exceeded its bandwidth ;) )
Not again :mad:

Now, wheres Phillip.....

Paul
:)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
so can you actually calibrate a chronograph?
or have they been lying to us when they say they calibrate the chrono before a tournament?

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
I have a couple of questions regarding the hand held chrono:

1) How does the manufacturer chrono them/set them up before leaving the factory?

2) The idea of the hand held is to ensure fair play on the field. If the device itself is not doing what its supposed to and you can't recalibrate it, isnt it somewhat useless??

Cheers

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by mikeanywhere
I have a couple of questions regarding the hand held chrono:

1) How does the manufacturer chrono them/set them up before leaving the factory?

2) The idea of the hand held is to ensure fair play on the field. If the device itself is not doing what its supposed to and you can't recalibrate it, isnt it somewhat useless??

Cheers
Specially if the only 'correct' way of using it is to strap it to the end of your barrel, imagine arguing that one in a millenium game!!
Can you say 1-4-1???

Paul
:)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I get the feeling that you can't in fact calibrate a chronograph. (appart from marking down the varience with tape)

Maybe one of the most important safety mesures in paintball isn't so safe after all?

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
So basically what we have is a limit of 300 fps which no-one accurately knows whether they are breaking it or not! Also relative calibration is not a great idea as yes they will be constant with one another but still not accurate! I think we need to find a way to accurately calibrate the chronographs... How do other sports that use chronographs do it?