Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Calling All Angry Ballers

Tonymicjoe

Master Blaster
My tuppence worth...

Which other business would get away with releasing obviously not rigourosly tested expensive equipment onto the market? Everybody knows when a new marker comes out it will be godawful until the bugs get worked out, but we still buy 'em.

Paintball suppliers will often rip people off, blatantly. I saw a guy buy a new bottle from a well known supplier at a tournament. He had trouble filling it because of an unfamiliar valve and took it back to get it checked. The supplier took it, filled it and charged the guy £20 saying that the buyer had broken it, but "Its okay I fixed it for you" Thats the way to inspire customer confidence and encourage repeat business! Newbies buy your kit from that guy! This is one example, I have seen many just as bad. WDP, I must say, are the only people I have never seen rip people off. In fact, they are the ones who lead the way in my humble opinion.

Service and organisation at tournaments. Sometimes p1ss poor, and very pricey. But we still pay our money and thank the marshals and the organisers at the speeches. The organiser should be thanking us, surely? There are no poor paintball site owners that I know. Like someone else mentioned, team trophies? Every player pays a fee, Share a cheap tin cup? Thanks!

I feel better now...

:cool:

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I had two armageddon airs fail test because the arms had been loctited into the bottles and ruined the threads...........still haven't got an answer as to who's fault that was as the bottles came installed on the markers from a well known supplier.
So, do you loctite bottles onto arms? and if so, isn't it a design fault when it screws the air system on it's first test?

D

duffistuta

My tuppence worth...

Originally posted by Tonymicjoe
Which other business would get away with releasing obviously not rigourosly tested expensive equipment onto the market?
Most of them, sadly.

Ronniepimpstar

Factory Paintball
Dec 7, 2003
Factorypaintball.co.uk
How about "Ball Ruined my Life"

All about wanting to shoot your boss in the face for not giving you any more holidays at work to represent in the next milleinnium event!!!

The girlfriend not understanding why you cant spend the weekend with her or why you cant go on holiday because you need them days for the big event!!!

Your bank manager not lending you anymore cash "Pimping it up in the states and needing to shoot fools in the face, is not a good enough reason to borrow £3000 mr Carson."

Missing all the first "Footy" games of the season Because you gotta train in the stinking rain!!!!

Always being inferior to a buch of f##king Yanks!!!....and Russsians...oh...and Swedes!!!!!

Having to work for a living instead of being paid to play Ball and the true come down it brings when you step off the plane after doing really well in a millenium, just to hear some random pr#ck tellin you how you play with toy guns in the woods!!!!

"Sorry, but you did ask for Angry Ballers!!!!"

Just one more..... Getting shot in the face off a complete random who put his gun over his bunker and pulled the trigger, after working on you technique for the last six months!!!!

manc Xtreme
Mar 11, 2004
House of flying Daggers
My tuppence worth...

Originally posted by Tonymicjoe
Which other business would get away with releasing obviously not rigourosly tested expensive equipment onto the market? Everybody knows when a new marker comes out it will be godawful until the bugs get worked out, but we still buy 'em.
erm theres this little company called Microsoft?

I know I said it on the exl thread but I think it should be up here
too. Why oh why is competion in paintball still limited to being run
in these bloody huge one day/weekend tournaments!?!?

Surely when xball and NXL came along it was an ideal opportunity
to arrange things in a more traditional league/cup series way there by shiftting peoples focus towards the games rather than these carnivals we all participate in at the moment.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
"everybody cheats, if you say you don't your a liar and I only do it 'cos everyone else does" yelled by players who feel the need to justify what they are doing. Rather than those who cheat and take the consequences without making excuses.

jokersmoker

Machine Gun Turret
Oct 11, 2003
omnipresent
Visit site
things that annoy.

the control the sponsors have over your team. i believe richard touched on it near the start. you know the stuff , what you can use, what you can't use, if it's free, how much discount if you have to pay, how long you have to wait for it (if you ever get it), how powerless you are about these issues that affect not just the performance but eventually the morale of the team. i would find that a good read, although i reckon it would have to be in two parts, cos i would think the british/american sponsorship situations would be quite different.
just an offering of something that really makes my urine boil.:)

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by kat trick
What i hate in this sport how every thing is male

cocker - what a name for a gun
trousers - i have to get every pair taken up
playing tops - i have to get one size bigger so my tits fit in then the arms are too long
gloves - it took me 18 months to find a pair that allmost fit
and condoms who on earth thought of that it had to be a bloke!!!
ok, ok....

1- if you can find/create a gun called a minge-er or somethin to that effect i will gladly use it to please you...

2- trousers... i cant buy them in a small enough waist... deal...

3- i know plently of blokes with the same-if not more severe- problem

4- never owned a pair that fit either... try wearin 2... who gona catch ya?

5- i prefer the term barrel sock...tis what they call it in millenniums anywho... best to be down with the terminology...

much love