Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

calling all dm fanatics

mmf187

Jul 6, 2011
Right guys and gals

I own a DM11. Bought it off here actually and love it. However, it's currently got the air efficiency of a Tshirt cannon

Getting 140pot off of 1k of air.

I serviced the LPR today and it's was caked in old grease and dirt. Also had 11 small shims instead of 9. So took it back to stock and put the extra 2 in my tool box for safe keeping. Changed the ref seat as well as that was quite dented from the piston.

It's currently set at factory, 18dwell and 4 turns out on the LPR. Hpr is 4 1/4 turns giving around 285fp but is still only giving 140 per 1k

There are no leaks that I can here. Only difference with the gun is that I had my guerilla bottle tested last month.

So. What you guys think? Being an old gun is the LPR too high? Could it be the hyper reg needs cleaning also as that was my next job.

Really don't know what to do with it.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
As a start I would write your current settings down and then return all to stock as detailed in the manual. The DM is a low pressure marker that can be effected by how much or little grease is on it. It also is a balance between whether you want a low pressure shot or better efficiency- but don't be expecting poppet gun efficiency.

Also you're starting at 1000psi, effectively you're very close to the markers minimum operating pressure so you're going to find it will only operate up to that point and then you'll have problems whereas if you had 2000 and shot it till you had 1000 you'll get far more shots.

There are plenty of DM tinkerers that will tell you all the witchcraft out there but if you want your DM to be reliable, soft on paint and as reasonably efficient as possible follow the recommendations in the manual including setting the lpr, YouTube has a video by pbtech on tuning a DM which I would recommend.

Just as a slight backup to the above, I have shot a dm4, 8 and 14 my 14 will comfortably shoot a loader and 5 pods on a 3k fill with a very soft shot.

mmf187

Jul 6, 2011
Sorry when I wrote I got 140 off of 1k. I meant 1k only fired 140, the tanks had about 4K of air in it.

That was with stock setting. Dye manual says all the way in give 10psi and every 360 out will give 15psi so 4 turns sits it at factory 75psi.

Now I know with tinkering and barrel matching I can up the efficiency, but with what I'm currently getting. I can only expect 4.5 pods of a 4.5k fill

Just seems way too low. I've seen the techpb vid where he efficiency tests an 11 and it gets 7.5 pods off a 4.5k with stock settings and no barrel match.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Would be interesting to see what the pressures actually are compared to the rule of thumb.

Does anyone know where to get a pressure tester?

Also what are you trying to achieve smoothness or efficiency?

mmf187

Jul 6, 2011
I play walk ons and big games like paint fest and nvs so efficiency for me is king. I'd be happy however if I could get 6 and a hopper. I'm not expecting miracle but 1 pot per 1k seems rediculous.

Reactions: Dup

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Stole this from another forum
For most people, tuning requires new o-rings and a tube of your favorite brand of lube. But in all, it is much mroe complicated than that.

Any type of paintball marker is a precision machine, some are just more sensative than other, Matrix are one of these sensative markers. 1/5 turn too far and the marker will act up completely. So this thread is to give a rough estimate on to how to turn your marker to its best.

The F.U.S.E Bolt System is a large valve, nothing more, nothing less. If the pressures that move it, or that are coming in to it are not balanced or correct, the valve does not perform how it was designed to. With proper tuning, the bolt and marker overall will perform how it should.

Fast and Efficient.

All DYE Matrix markers have a baseline that they are more than likely going to shoot at, so this is the first place to start.
*Make sure that your HPR, LPR, and Bolt are freshly lube, and all orings are inspected*
  • Turn your marker all the way stock.
  • With the stock settings set, adjust your velocity to where you want it to be.
  • Now turn your LPR down until the bolt starts to creep forward when you shoot.
  • Raise the LPR until the boll has no lag when being fired, then you have a choice of screwing it in by 1/6 a turn or out 1/6 of a turn.
  • Now lower your dwell from anywhere from 10-14.
  • If your marker will fire, go to the chrono and adjust if not, raise it by one until it fires without a change in velocity.
  • After this, you can either, keep it the same dwell and get your desired velocity, or lower it by 1-3 ms.
  • Adjust velocity.
Smooth and Quiet. (Ironman Tuning)
Pro markers always shoot the smoothest and quietest they can, here is the basic way how.
*Make sure that your HPR, LPR, and Bolt are freshly lube, and all o-rings are inspected*
*This setting is the hardest to balance out, so try a few times before you settle for one setting and see how your marker likes it*

• Turn your marker all the way stock
  • With the stock settings set, adjust your velocity to where you want it to be.
  • Now turn your LPR down just a tad from stock.
  • Now raise your dwell to anywhere from 19-25 ms.
  • At this time you will need a chrono again, shoot a few shots and look for any drop off, if drop off raise your LPR a bit, if not lower it until you see it, and then back out 1/6 a turn.
  • With these settings you will want to cycle through the Dwells to see which works the best for your marker.
  • Adjust your velocity to where you want, if it has deviated at anytime.
*These settings will all be different if any mods to the bolt have been done, or if you have any upgrades to the bolt assembly itself*

DM Series Stock settings.

• DM4-DM5, HPR: ~3, LPR: 5, Dwell: 18
  • DM6, HPR: ~3, LPR: 3, Dwell: 18
  • DM7, HPR: ~3, LPR: 5, Dwell: 18
  • DM8, HPR: ~3, LPR: 3.5-5, Dwell: 18
*These settings are all approximations of what may work for your marker, these are not a guarantee of ~ 280 +/- 1 fpr*

mmf187

Jul 6, 2011
Been ages since I've been on here.

Cheers for that. Will set it up and go down the chrono with some old paint at the next walk on I get play.