Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Camera mounting positions.

Carbon

May 20, 2014
Hi all

I'm new to the site but have been playing paintballing for 2 years now. Iv recently started to use my go-pro wiles playing but i cant seem to find a good spot to mount it.

so far iv had it mounted on the barrel and using the chest strap, i must admit i haven't tried attaching it to my mask what will be the next thing.

Has anyone got any good tip or found some good points to mount there action cams?

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
At Zombieland saw a few guys with Go-Pros attached to a piece of PVC coming out of a backpack to give a really nice 3rd person view. depending on the type of game your playing might be worth messing around with?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There are a few options here:
http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38586

But the GoPro is not ideal for mounting in paintball. I prefer the contour, and other bullet cameras
As in the link above I have a GoPro style aee camera which I put on top of a full head helmet once, it's pretty much out of the way, but is a great big box on top of your head. (This was used in the tunnels at drakelow so it was dark anyway)
The most practical location for a GoPro is on gun, but that's not the best place for footage - you get your shooting but when editing you discover how much the gun is pointing at the ground or jerking around.

I do have another solution that I've considered (for molle vest users) this will be similar to wearing a camera harness:
The back of the aee cameras waterproof case has bolt sockets, so the idea is to take two Blackhawk speedclips, bolt the case to the clips and the camera can be slotted onto molle. (My thoughts are for a back facing camera so there would be plenty space on my vest-I would probably say for a go pro to secure a lanyard as well as you would not want to rely on them to stay in place, especially as by bolting on a camera you prevent some of the weave)

Some people have put together 3rd person shooter rigs by strapping a frame & pole to their back, but this would not be ideal for the woods

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
A few guys use bullet-type cameras on feedneck mounts.

Feedneck or barrel is the best place to mount the camera, I'd say.

BTW, if you had just called this thread "Mounting Positions", you would have got a s**tload of views out of morbid curiosity.

Reactions: KP01 and phil-boy

Hayden B

May 19, 2014
I prefer watching videos from the mask mounted position, it's good to see it from the first person perspective of where you're looking as opposed to where the barrel is aimed

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Personally, I find mask mounted cameras are blocked all the time by the hopper. Unless you're a woodsball player who doesn't switch hands and can mount it across from your preffered shooting hand. Then again, a barrel mounted camera in woodsball does end up filiming the floor a lot of the time - for tournament play, where you really should have gun up most of the time, a barrel cam is the way forward IMHO

Reactions: waynethepain

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
Barrel mount all the way, doesnt add to your profile and as mentioned above, with mask mounted cameras you tend to get plenty of videos of the back of your hopper flashing away, or with go pros, if you have it on the head strap its prime position for picking up lots of shots.

Carbon

May 20, 2014
Hi All

Fist let me thank you all for your reposes. and sorry for taking to long to replay, But i have been busy as you will see :).

(tommikka)As mentioned the go pro is big an bulky compared to the bullet cams and difficult to place so that is it not in your way. (Kevin Winter) when iv played with it mounted on the battle it dose get in the way of your line of sight, i sill haven't tried mourning it on my helmet as of yet but it would have to be mounted on the side or just above the forehead as i have a Dye I4. (BDswareP) As i play a lot more woods as speed-ball i did find that mounting the camera on the barrel i was filming the floor or other random things most the record time, However i did try mounting the camera so that it was facing back at myself. The film ended up being quite good as it looked like the camera was stationary and everything ales was moving, however yet again there were a lot of time where nothing was happening but i guess this is where the video editing come into play.

Now The reason i have been busy is iv been trying to find a different way to capture everything on film, reading all your posts i came up with an idea of trying to get a 3rd person view. So iv set out to make a frame that attaches to my DYE tactical vest so that that camera can be mounted at the 3ed person viewing angle. and I have cam up with the Following solution.... Please see photos.

Please forgive the high contrast my camera wasn't set up correctly.

This is only the fist prototype i will upload a film if you all are interested of how things look. And if anyone has any improvement ideas, i would love to hear them :).

Again Thank you for ready and your comment.

Attachments