The Home Of European Paintball

campaign cup!!london or not????

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Nearly Jinx

However last CC, there was a lot of European Cars in the Car park. Obviously the primary entry point for such teams is the South East and or Channel Tunnel etc. Likewise for US teams the Primary entry points will be Heathrow and Gatwick. Yes it is sometime possible to fly long haul cheaply to smaller or regional airports, but limited number of flights means such options are soon oversubscribed (and then become cost prohibitive). It is highly possible that Niall might find a great venue where foreign teams have a somewhat longer travel, however I'm sure the disadvantages of this will be outweighed by the quality of the Venue.

As to what Planet I'm from? Planet Earth, not Planet Moanalot or Planet Make All Tournaments on My Door Step Simply Cos I live Here.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Originally posted by stongle
As to what Planet I'm from? Planet Earth, not Planet Moanalot or Planet Make All Tournaments on My Door Step Simply Cos I live Here.
I dont live in Manchester....

i was just voicing my opinion on the fact there is actually more of the UK north of Watford Gap.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Come on guys this is sounding more and more like the North / South divide (which alegedly doesn't exist!)

Either the North or the South is eligible to hold an event - the choice should be made of arenas that can succesfully hold a tournament (which the CC crew are more than adequate at doing on their own).

Glen is absolutely right that the south is Much easier to get to for those driving from the continent which there is alot - but Manchester is equally as good IMO (and before I get flamed I am a southerner) for air transportation hotels (cheaper) etc etc.

Lets just drop this crap and let them do their job! :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Right this is going to the be the last comment on this thread. I've already stated that I don't care where the cups held, as long as it satisfies and meets the criteria laid out by the organisers. Have it in John O Groats if the venue far outweighs any accessibility issues. Colin, Sam et all posted that so they're y'all go.

My point is, and if you scroll back a bit, is sometimes ill thought out arguments for some things posted on this site (not necessarily on this thread). Anyone can have an opinion, I mean some of you even think Paintball should be on TV (tsk tsk ;)), but put some money where the mouth is and give some reasons. If you think you have a crushingly brilliant suggestion where or why the tournament should be held somewhere post on up, but not "I think it should be 23 Acacia Avenue". You know anything even Loughborough because more Girls than Boys go there (arbitrary selection of university I know not for sure).

I don't know just something...........please.

Joey

Aug 1, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
Originally posted by Troggy
Lets just drop this crap and let them do their job! :)
Amen!!

Whether or not Campaign Cup is held down south in London or north in Manchester rest assured that Niall will provide you with the tourny you have come to expect.

Niall and Beard have been looking high and low to find a venue suitable for the event. I trust the two of them will not leave any stone unturned. . .

Suggesting all of these venues is fine and dandy, but remember - many of these venues book events years in advance. The unexpected closure of Crystal Palace made the eniviable chore of finding a new venue arise earlier than anticipated.

So, dudes, cool your jets. . . as soon as a venue is secured Niall will anounce the location. . .

:)

Joey

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
So how about the Norfolk Showground in Norwich?

It's in the middle (ok a bit off to the right too) of London and Manchester, has more grass than you can shake a very grassy stick at, is used to holding big events, got excellent facilities including a building that could easily be used for a staging area. Norwich has an international airport, direct rail and coach services from London and I believe Manchester etc etc as well, the beer is cheaper than most major cities in the UK, there is loads of totty and it's just five minutes away from me :D (which is about as far as my wife will travell to see me play)

Just my 2p :p ;) :D

Cro

P.S. This is a little tongue in cheek (tho don't let that put you off taking it here Niall ;) ), just my way of saying who cares where it is as long as it's in the UK and is as good as usual I personally don't care where it's held, will be there no matter how long the drive as I'm sure everyone else will be too. :D