Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign Cup. "THE FACTS"!!!

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Firstly, may i say that everything in this posting is ABSOLUTE FACT and the opinion of the person who organized the setup of the event.

1. Field Size
Yes the fields were small. As everyone could see, space was at a premium. In order to fit all the fields in we had to shorten them and make them narrower.

My apologies. We have learnt and it will be improved for next year

2. Netting
Yes the netting could have been better. The combination of stretchy nettting and the parameters of the venue we had to work within (i.e. no hole boring or staking into tarmac etc) meant that we had problems with tensioning the netting.

My apologies. We have learnt and it will be improved for next year

3. AstroTurf
The Astro was an unknown for us. How it would play, how much it would affect slides etc.

It played well, it cleaned up well.

My apologies to those who damaged their kit and themselves. The only alternative, running on four fields.

4. Facilities
Agreed, signposting was poor but the facilities were there. A covered playing area, proper toilets, catering and a bar all contributed to a comprehensive base for the players and spectators to enjoy themselves.

My apologies if you couldn't find your way to the bar. We have learnt and it will be improved for next year.

5. Conduct
My thanks to all the teams and individuals who conducted themselves admirably. The realisation that we were all part of the next step forward showed through time and time again.
unfortunately this was marred by several narrow minded individuals.

a: A member of Team CA.
This individual physically threatened a member of Crystal Palace staff and a member of the Campaign staff. His decision was to pull the team and we were happy to accept his decision. Alot of people gave a chunk of their lives to provide everyone with an environment with which to enjoy themselves and didn't deserve this sort of treatment. He is no longer welcome.

As for the rest of the team, your apology is greatly appreciated and look forward to seeing you next year.

b: Guest of the Quality Hotel
Sunday nite and this individual decided to fininsh off a good w/end by firing his remaining paint at the tree on the corner of the carpark. After he got bored of that, he decided to fire across the main road onto the fence of a house opposite. If i ever find out who this person is not only will i try to get him banned from all European events but i will arrange for several shades of s**t to be kicked out of him. If you know who it was you can relay this message and turn him in. (Conscience permitting)

Lastly, a short word about the reasons for some of the above.

Sorry you didn't get to walk the fields as thoroughly as you would have liked.
Two of the fields did not arrive till 6-7pm Wednesday nite!!
We worked till 2-3am Thursday morning to ensure they would be ready.
To cap it off 3 of the fields were not complete and alot of head scratching went in to creating enough fields for the event!!!

12 staff and 5 days to setup from scratch, one of those a Bank Holiday.

Thanks to all the family, freinds and staff who sacrificed their time in helping to put together a fantastic weekend.

P.S. Nick. I don't think it is what your saying, more how you are saying it. A good grasp of the facts is also a good place to start when critisising the efforts of others.

See you at Campaign Cup 2002.

:D

Steve (NPG COWS)

moo power
Jul 6, 2001
Plymouth, UK
www.splat-uk.com
WHO CLEANED UP THAT MESS?

we all had a great time at the cup, nothing to say about the fields that has not already been said in other posts, but we liked them.

that ******* from the hotel shooting needs a good kicking. twats like that can f**k it up for all of us.

i remember some of the bemused and puzzled looks on the faces of the crystal palace cleaning staff on friday. we went in on friday morning to a spotless players area, we did our best to leave it respectable at the change over but man what a mess, and that was only 1/4 of the way through the event.

The cleaners seemed to have it sussed on the second day but what about all the paint all over the floor? how is that going to get cleaned up. or am i going to watch the commonwealth games next year or whenever it is and see little white marks all over the track?

is the grass going to recover. i noticed it was starting to get some bald spots on the saturday.

anyway, i hope everything gets cleaned up ok and they lets us back for next year!

steve:D

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Whats the saying??

I'm sure it's ' You can please some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time' Jeff, you all deserve medals, if people are unhappy or feel Campaign can be improved by all means ask them to set up fields at 03:00, I for one think you all did a brilliant job.

My only complaint, too many bloody England Fans!!!

See you next year.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
There is no question that you guys all did a great job and put every effort into making this event as good as it could be. Having spoken to most of the crew over the weekend I saw the amount it had taken out of you.

Well done, sit back, relax, open a beer, you earned it.