The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign Cup

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Our first Millenium event...

Yeah, the fields were small but it just meant changing our style of play to account for it. We didn't like fields 3 or 4 but thats more to do with us than anything else.

We only lost one player on a break over all 10 games (and we were breaking reasonably aggresively) and that was to Diablo Image on the Diablo field, so no real biggy there.

The team had a damn fine time, even though we screwed up the second day in a big way, and the venue was excellent. If Niall and his team can improve on this year then the next Campaign Cup will be heavenly.

Roll on Campaign Cup 2002!!

if you guys take the time to read what Nick has been saying you will see that what he means is:

1) Yes the fields where small
2) The rules state a given size - if the organizers want to change them, cool -just let us know
3) The field design should have been adapted for the smaller sizes.

Now what I say is:
1) Yes the fields where small, and yes they where equal - FOR THE 2 TEAMS PLAYING AT THE TIME.
2) The fields should ALWAYS be set up to favour skill over luck - some of the fields favoured luck (JT,V-Force)
3) Because of this some teams where forced to play more games on fields that required luck than other where. THIS IS NOT FAIR.

Attempts should be made at all times to ensure that all the fields at any given tournament have the same "Level of Difficulty". Either that or make sure that all teams play the same amount of games on each field (impossible).

Now before y'all start slagging me - I'm not writing this because I thought we (The Icemen) got a raw deal - actually we just played like crap. I'm writing this because I feel that no teams should be given an advantage based on the luck of the draw.

goose

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
Feedback should be in the public domain as well as being sent to the organisers.

This years Campaign was the best tourney I've ever been to, but as others have pointed out a few things could be improved ot make next years even better. The main problem was the field netting could have been improved - we played against one Norwegian team who lost a player due to having pink paint on his back, we we all using orange paint, also one of our players in the heat of the moment said he accidently shot at a back player on another field as it was so close and in the heat of the game etc.

The Angel and Diablo fields were excellent and the size of those fields is not an issue.

Overall it was a great weekend. Next year we will be in the Nov finals :)