Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Campaign......the verdict?

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Perhaps because the lower teams are never mentioned in any discussion in here? Because all that is ever really mentioned is CPL and SPL? You may think it it, but it is rarely voiced...
Well I´m a lower ranked player... and I don´t get offended! So maybe someone on here is just reading way more into than neccessary? ;)

I "fight" for better things coming our way - no matter what division you play! I don´t take it as the CPL/SPL being the only important teams - I take is as our entire sport being important! And note - I said SPORT! :p

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I have a feeling most 7 man team captains from lower divs feel a little intimidated posting in here, It does feel like a very exclusive club in MLT because it is only CPL/SPL teams using it for "proper" discussion. However this is another discussion.

My personal belief is that if a 7 man team captain came in here with his piece, most would shoot him down, because they dont think his opinion counts.

Too many ivory towers for me at the minute. Anyway im going off topic.

I dont think Glen was trying to say what you believe he is trying to say. I think what he's trying to say is that to encourage lower div teams who are the lifeblood of the tournament, they require value for money. At the minute people are getting hung up on the CPL/SPL teams when all teams should be recieving equal attention. CPL/SPL isn't the be all and end all of the Millenium series, but it seems that everyone is bending over backwards to cater for their whims.

Thats how it looks from an outsiders look inwards.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Well I´m a lower ranked player... and I don´t get offended! So maybe someone on here is just reading way more into than neccessary? ;)

I "fight" for better things coming our way - no matter what division you play! I don´t take it as the CPL/SPL being the only important teams - I take is as our entire sport being important! And note - I said SPORT! :p

Freddie, you're 1 in a million. ;) A woman who commands respect :D ;) :rolleyes: :)

Perhaps that problem is the lower ranked players just dont know how much power they really have...

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
I have a feeling most 7 man team captains from lower divs feel a little intimidated posting in here, It does feel like a very exclusive club in MLT because it is only CPL/SPL teams using it for "proper" discussion. However this is another discussion.

My personal belief is that if a 7 man team captain came in here with his piece, most would shoot him down, because they dont think his opinion counts.

Too many ivory towers for me at the minute. Anyway im going off topic.

I dont think Glen was trying to say what you believe he is trying to say. I think what he's trying to say is that to encourage lower div teams who are the lifeblood of the tournament, they require value for money. At the minute people are getting hung up on the CPL/SPL teams when all teams should be recieving equal attention. CPL/SPL isn't the be all and end all of the Millenium series, but it seems that everyone is bending over backwards to cater for their whims.

Thats how it looks from an outsiders look inwards.

Et voila.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Freddie, you're 1 in a million. ;) A woman who commands respect :D ;) :rolleyes: :)

Perhaps that problem is the lower ranked players just dont know how much power they really have...
Haha... okay okay - maybe I am! :p

BUT I do know a whole lot of 7-man/"lower-ranked" teams that feel the same.... But believe it or not - this forum isn´t the only one out there and half these people/teams probably doesn´t even know it exist!!! So - of course we wont see most of them coming on here, we mainly (and understandable enough!!) hear from the british ones!

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
touche...

Which is a pity. It is Paintball Games International. :)

edit: when i say lower ranked i dont mean it in a disrespectful tone. Im all for the underdogs. :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well - you always bully your way to winning the argument, and then come back saying the same thing as me a year later - but that's besides the point :p
Nick
Nick, you never know when to stop do you?
I shouldn't really be surprised because it is the nature of your pathology that exhibits this behaviour trait along with all the other traits such as Stongle mentioned.
You put a smiley face at the end of that little dig above at me but I know you well enough now to realise you meant what you just said.
People reading your post will automatically assume you are telling the truth...well that's ok, as long as it is the truth..hence this post.

And so, what I am gonna do is this, you have accused me of something (above) and I am gonna challenge you to substantiate it and you can do this easily enough by trawling thru the posts I have made that have involved yourself.
If you use the 'Advanced Search' facility on this site, you should be able to locate an example of what you quoted.

Now, this is a great opportunity for you Nick because you can now shoot me down in flames in front of everybody and make me look a fool IF you come up with an instance where I have bullied you and then come back with your point of view a year later ... And when I just used the word 'bullied', it will mean you have to come up with a series of posts where I didn't use rational arguments and indulged myself by introducing factors like my supposed position in paintball to win whatever debate we were involved in.

Now, what's at stake in this, I tell ya....if you find one instance that satisfies what you claimed above, then I will never come on these boards again and I will duly apologise for doubting you.
I am a man of my word, and I will keep to it ...but remember here, you have to substantiate your accusations to the letter otherwise you gotta apologise coz I am getting sick and f' kin tired of people accusing me of things I just haven't done or said.
The floor is yours Nick..start dancin'

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Nick, you never know when to stop do you?
I shouldn't really be surprised because it is the nature of your pathology that exhibits this behaviour trait along with all the other traits such as Stongle mentioned.
You put a smiley face at the end of that little dig above at me but I know you well enough now to realise you meant what you just said.
People reading your post will automatically assume you are telling the truth...well that's ok, as long as it is the truth..hence this post.

And so, what I am gonna do is this, you have accused me of something (above) and I am gonna challenge you to substantiate it and you can do this easily enough by trawling thru the posts I have made that have involved yourself.
If you use the 'Advanced Search' facility on this site, you should be able to locate an example of what you quoted.

Now, this is a great opportunity for you Nick because you can now shoot me down in flames in front of everybody and make me look a fool IF you come up with an instance where I have bullied you and then come back with your point of view a year later ... And when I just used the word 'bullied', it will mean you have to come up with a series of posts where I didn't use rational arguments and indulged myself by introducing factors like my supposed position in paintball to win whatever debate we were involved in.

Now, what's at stake in this, I tell ya....if you find one instance that satisfies what you claimed above, then I will never come on these boards again and I will duly apologise for doubting you.
I am a man of my word, and I will keep to it ...but remember here, you have to substantiate your accusations to the letter otherwise you gotta apologise coz I am getting sick and f' kin tired of people accusing me of things I just haven't done or said.
The floor is yours Nick..start dancin'
First of all - why on earth would I want you to leave the forum? :confused: - I enjoy our debates - until you start with the superior attitude and namecalling - as oft happens.

You are an intelligent person who usually have extremely interesting points to make and is very well informed.

I didn't put a smiley face on it to imply I was being ironic - but rather to signify that it wasn't meant as an insult - and as a signal that it was friendly... hmmm "advice"..... for lack of a better word.... I meant every word of it!

My perception of nearly every debate I have had in here with you, is that you end up calling me derogatory things and imply my intellect is dubious (or words to that effect).... and many times it seems to me, to be a show for the crowd, when I hold it up against how we communicate face to face or on the phone.

As for going over years of posts - I may do that - but not right now, I have a tournament to go to tomorrow.... but at some point I will probably find the time for it.

As for your "rules" on what is bullying and what is not- that is hardly your call to make (since you are not the one on the receiving end of it ;))... being a bully and using rational arguments are not mutually exclusive IMHO - actually, you are a master at combining the two rather elegantly ;)

Your MO is usually that a debate starts out friendly - and then when someone (in this case me) does not accept your rationale as gods own truth, then you start with the derogatory remarks and slights....

It always baffles me - because if someone did the same to you, they would be banned from this site in a heartbeat - it's a double standard that I dislike intensely.... and a big reason why I use the word "bully"

Whenever you are in a debate with me - and you disagree, you (being the word smith that you are), quite obviously choose your words with care.... and when you CHOOSE to say "you are a moron and have no idea what you are talking about" (or something similar) - instead of "I disagree because bla bla bla".... you know very very very very well what effect it will cause.

To me it is a sign of disrespect - as well as a cheap show for "the masses" who are not privy to how we comunicate privately.... and quite frankly, it pisses me off that you CHOOSE to do it, when it is well within your reach to take the high road.

I could care less when some person I do not know does it - but it is a very different matter when it is someone I have known for so many years.

Perhaps this is a question of tempers flaring - I don't know - but the fact of the matter is, that nearly every debate we are in, ends up being "unpleasant".

I have absolutely no problem admitting to being a pigheaded and arrogant prick at times - I am passionate about our sport, and have very strong beliefts about what is best for it..... you have very much the same traits.... difference just is, I do not call you an idiot for it or tell you (and the world) I am superior - and I try to keep the debates at an intellectual level, where I do not stoop to insults (until faced with insults).

Now this whole tirade is (again) not meant as an insult - but rather as an explanation of how I have experienced many of our debates in here - and perhaps (I hope) as an eyeopener?

It is my sincere hope you take what I have written to heart.

Nick