Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can anyone talk me out of getting a mini.

garethedwards

Jul 12, 2006
London
PM8 or PM7

Freaking amazing guns and cheap as chips at the moment.

Also you could try the DM6 or DM7 depending on your £££ situation.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
i havent fired an ego or a mini but dont you think the sturdy one would be better? i just think the mini is too small for any sort of real paintball feeling, i have a pmr and it is perfect so if you have the money try the dye matrix series they are sound hope i can help lol
This sort of post is exactly what I mean..An opinion formulated when you haven't even tried one. Just because the Mini is small, how can you automatically assume it isn't sturdy? Your precious PMR is made of plastic.

i just think the mini is too small for any sort of real paintball feeling
What the f*ck is that supposed to mean? Those that shoot Mini's aren't experiencing *true* paintball? Don't even get me started on the faults of the PMR.

Jog on buddy.

Cav0011

Team Halo's worst player
Oct 14, 2007
soham
This post is fairly counter productive but I'm bored and it's late. I think the mini is an average gun at best. (I played with one for ~3/4's of the day when I was letting a guy shoot my quest) The guy that owned the mini was complaining about the gen 1 issues but like was previously stated those are fixed now. I just didnt get down with the mini from a playing stand point. It worked fine for me all day (no chops etc.) Its just not for me. I owned an 05 and an 07 ego and again they arnt for me.

So basically my point is you can't listen to what people tell you pertaining to how it performs. Guns either feel right or they don't. Obviously the original poster already bought his mini so the discussion is for fun at this point. From my experience shooting almost all mid-high end guns (other then angels for some reason) They are all pretty much the same other then really minor things and you need to find the one that is right for you and not bandwagon jump.

Jimmymac

1st Wave
Dec 14, 2007
Live in preston area ..
This sort of post is exactly what I mean..An opinion formulated when you haven't even tried one. Just because the Mini is small, how can you automatically assume it isn't sturdy? Your precious PMR is made of plastic.

What the f*ck is that supposed to mean? Those that shoot Mini's aren't experiencing *true* paintball? Don't even get me started on the faults of the PMR.

Jog on buddy.
I totally agree with lemonadeX, mini's are an excellent gun, very easy to maintain, most guns are good if you maintain them well, i had a 1st gen mini when they came out i had some problems with it. Still didn't put me off though since i've bought a 2nd gen one, and its working great !

So don't flame the gun if you haven't tried it.

pyroLX

Kowabunga Dude!
Oct 14, 2007
Athens, GR
I have a mini that works like a charm. My teammate ordered one that was effed up, so they sent him a new one. Both guns work perfectly and are friggin fast.

The mini is a weird gun, nothing like the egos, ions, dms, pmr, you name it. Things you do to it might make it useless, so I suggest that all gun experts watch the tech vids before saying their Mini "sucks becoz i opend it once and did evrthng rite nd then stopped wrking"

mat_immortal

Nov 13, 2007
go for the ego nice and reliable !!

the mini has got to bet one of the uglyest markers and the fact that you can put it in your pocket scores it a streight 0 lol
i shot my mates mini and after about 4 seconds i gave it back and was happy to get rid of it lol

Skullface

Jan 31, 2006
Wolverhampton
Visit site
Spent a little time with it today, and very impressed i am too. very fast and smooth. modes on the stock boards are great, all you need.

Sod all recoil, quiet enough but distinctive. and shooting 9 month old paint in 2degC it was still bloody accurate when sized up nicely. Shot 500 balls down the garden mainly in auto, and it didnt break one ball. Hardly a seasoned testamony but promising none the less.