Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Can I use my own pistol at Delta Force ?

Discussion in 'Talking Points' started by JamesWB, Oct 13, 2015.

1. JamesWB For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.

JamesWB
    Message Count:
    What marker was it ?

2. dfr350 Active Member

dfr350
    Message Count:
    It was a tippmann bravo one, roughly the same as they rent as an 'upgrade' marker over there stock infernos.

JamesWB likes this.
  3. JamesWB For those few short minutes, nothing else matters.

JamesWB
    Message Count:
    pretty much anything that stops them from making more money is not allowed

4. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    I would say this wasn't the reason

I would hazard a guess that dfr then stuck to the inferno
    So they would have not made extra money from him through the 'upgrade'
    The upgrades that they would have lost would have been from the ordinary punters not wanting upgrades because of the pro with his own better gun so they needed better ones too

Bring your own gun at delta force has only been on a site basis, and originally wasn't allowed before until they allowed own gunners with restrictions

JamesWB likes this.
  5. dfr350 Active Member

dfr350
    Message Count:
    next time I go to a different delta force site (there are 4 local to me) I will see what the site owner says about using my delta and no way will I pay for any 'upgrade' marker unless its an electro :)

JamesWB likes this.
  6. david525 Active Member

david525
    Message Count:

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    My eyes hurt.
    Punctuation & sentances please.

And he's in Upminster, so an abundance of sites around the M25 - Including Bricketwood, Cobham, Dormansland to name a quick handfull

8. dfr350 Active Member

dfr350
    Message Count:
    Campaign in cobham is very good. Went there 2 weeks ago and very well run with the site manager/co-owner happy to chat to you and knows his stuff. They will let you use any non-electro on site. Forget delta force group there are better sites around who give a s... about you and not just your money.

9. rewind Shiny!

rewind
    Message Count:
    Generally, as a rule, most sites don't let you use your own equipment if it is likely that it may scare, or put off rentals. Think about it. A group of kids or people who have never been turn up for 'adrenaline fueled fun', and end up getting shot out// overshot// steamrolled in every point after only a few minutes of play. They aren't likely to come back again. Or worse, leave halfway through.
    Granted, not all walk-ons are the same, and most are respectful, but you do get those people who enjoy just turning up, sitting on the back lines and ramping into punters.
    Whenever I take a group of mates, I go by the theory of 'bring it and see, but don't get offended if they don't allow it'. Respect the site owners, and they may let you next time. They may not. Rentals is the cash cow of the industry, its what brings in the money for the rest of the game, and its where most tourny, or experienced players start.
    Try Mayhem Essex, or Bricket Wood, both Awesome sites with owners who have more than a little savvy about them.

10. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Kevin Winter
    Message Count:
    I've played over at weekend warriors in Reading a few times. - they allow own markers on punter days, providing you aren't a DH about it. The owner knows his stuff and had a quiet word (no ramping etc) before play. They change the rules for walkons, in that hits to markers and hopper count for WOs and not for punters, which evens it up a little. they also play the first ten mins of any game as re-spawn, which gives plenty of punter field time. was also impressed to see a DM9 as a rental upgrade option!

Spikerz and dfr350 like this.