Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can I use my own pistol at Delta Force ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
pretty much anything that stops them from making more money is not allowed
I would say this wasn't the reason

It was a tippmann bravo one, roughly the same as they rent as an 'upgrade' marker over there stock infernos.
I would hazard a guess that dfr then stuck to the inferno
So they would have not made extra money from him through the 'upgrade'
The upgrades that they would have lost would have been from the ordinary punters not wanting upgrades because of the pro with his own better gun so they needed better ones too

Bring your own gun at delta force has only been on a site basis, and originally wasn't allowed before until they allowed own gunners with restrictions

Reactions: JamesWB

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
next time I go to a different delta force site (there are 4 local to me) I will see what the site owner says about using my delta and no way will I pay for any 'upgrade' marker unless its an electro :)

Reactions: JamesWB

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
I have recently bought a Bt sa 17 pistol and I was wondering whether I can use at Delta Force (in Upminster to be precise). The gun itself uses 12 gram co2 cartridges. I know Delta Force say that they don't allow you to bring your own marker on their website but I was reading a post on this forum from 2007 asking the same question and someone named Gups who claims to be a Marshall their answered:
"I have now had a chance to speak to our H & S manager. We are now looking into the popularity of paintball pistols and if there is a reasonable demand will will do a risk assessment and put procedures in place to allow their use.

With regards this particular gun, we agree that it poses no risk of a 'bottle rocket', as does valved cylinders, so we are prepared to allow it's use provided the following rules are adhered to:

1. You let me know what date and centre you have booked so i can inform the centre manager of your arrival. I will need to know this a week before your game via email toguppy@paintballgames.co.uk. A post on here will not be adequate. If you just turn up at the centre without informing me by email you will be told you cannot use it."

Since this was so long ago I was wondering if their were any marshalls from Delta force that I could contact ?
Cheers,
James.[/QUOTE deltA force is punter in take the cash and who cares if they come back I took my son and friends for his birthday they had a mental because I used my own marsk they are not for own guns were are you based I know some good sites Npf. BASSETSPOle st albans

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Delta Force is "punter in, take the cash and who cares if they come back?"
I took my son and friends for his birthday, they had a mental because I used my own mask. They are not for own guns
Where are you based? I know some good sites:
NPF, Bassets Pole
Bricketwood, St Albans
My eyes hurt.
Punctuation & sentances please.

And he's in Upminster, so an abundance of sites around the M25 - Including Bricketwood, Cobham, Dormansland to name a quick handfull

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Campaign in cobham is very good. Went there 2 weeks ago and very well run with the site manager/co-owner happy to chat to you and knows his stuff. They will let you use any non-electro on site. Forget delta force group there are better sites around who give a s... about you and not just your money.

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Generally, as a rule, most sites don't let you use your own equipment if it is likely that it may scare, or put off rentals. Think about it. A group of kids or people who have never been turn up for 'adrenaline fueled fun', and end up getting shot out// overshot// steamrolled in every point after only a few minutes of play. They aren't likely to come back again. Or worse, leave halfway through.
Granted, not all walk-ons are the same, and most are respectful, but you do get those people who enjoy just turning up, sitting on the back lines and ramping into punters.
Whenever I take a group of mates, I go by the theory of 'bring it and see, but don't get offended if they don't allow it'. Respect the site owners, and they may let you next time. They may not. Rentals is the cash cow of the industry, its what brings in the money for the rest of the game, and its where most tourny, or experienced players start.
Try Mayhem Essex, or Bricket Wood, both Awesome sites with owners who have more than a little savvy about them.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I've played over at weekend warriors in Reading a few times. - they allow own markers on punter days, providing you aren't a DH about it. The owner knows his stuff and had a quiet word (no ramping etc) before play. They change the rules for walkons, in that hits to markers and hopper count for WOs and not for punters, which evens it up a little. they also play the first ten mins of any game as re-spawn, which gives plenty of punter field time. was also impressed to see a DM9 as a rental upgrade option!

Reactions: Spikerz and dfr350