Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can i use these as paintball goggles?

ashrules

Nov 3, 2006
London
ok this might be a stupid question......I'm trying to find a thread about this but i can't get a final answer from any of them..

ok so can i use these goggles.glasses cover my face with a separate face cover? what are the rules and regs of masks?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300568301...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2236wt_1413

with something like this or a balaclava to protect the face and head?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370567115...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1189wt_1180

any lighten the actually rules of paintball masks would be great.
i should point out that i currently wear a full ghillie suit with a hood and use the tippmann A5 modded to the .50 Cal Replica, so as you can imaging I'm carrying ALOT of weight.

so this is an attempt to make using this set up more tolarable...

:)

ashrules

Nov 3, 2006
London
i currently use and e-vents at the moment and even this is too big really and restricts me while using my marker...

if i cannot use the links provided can any show me a legal set up that isn't massive on your face and are more like glasses than huge goggles. this would be great :)

G

Gassy

it must be tested to current paintball safety standards or you cannot use it and I have not seen anything that isn't full face coverage.
I cannot see any event of any type letting you use anything that is not paintball specific and tested to the correct standards.
you can be stopped from using a mask with the chin strap removed if an organiser wants to be proper anal as you would be deemed as altering the mask

Last edited:

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
All UK tournament series use a version of the "official" Millenium rule book which states :

10.02 Players, officials and all on field must wear full-face protection as it comes from the
manufacturer in its original form. The face or ear protection of goggle systems will not

So Goggles need full face and ear protection to comply.

From a personal level I would not even consider wearing those on a tournament or recreational paintball field.

Last edited:

ashrules

Nov 3, 2006
London
[quote="Marc0, post: 1284430, member: 7172"

So Goggles need full face and ear protection to comply.

[/quote]

all i needed to know :) thanks

G

Gassy

No Ash goggles need to have passed the testing that is in place for paintball. They need to be an approved mask not something you knock up that has full face and ear protection in your garage out of airsoftmasks and paintball masks or some hybrid of the 2.

The only approved masks are made by and sold by paintball companys End of

Last edited: