Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can u over oil a Mag

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Can you over oil a Mag to the point where it starts to leak. For example, My Mag seemed to work very well when I bought it, but when I oiled it up it had accuired a leak (which seemed to be coming from the On/Off Assay) I dry fired it a lot and the leak seemed to have gone away.

When I next oiled it up the same leak re-appeared, so I went thru the same process of dry firing and now it seem to have gone. I put oil in the bottom line and touch in the reg and in the valve body in the two holes markered OIL (Which apparently don't need to have oil in) Is it just a case of over oiling or is it a proper leak - yes I have replaced the o-rings in the On/Off Assay.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
I'd check all the o-rings in the on/off, could do with replacing if its second hand anyway.

Dont think you can "over oil" it. If you put too much oil in, it may not all leave when you dry fire and just accumalate (sp?) in your barrel, messing up accuracy and all that. Just put 2-4 drops in the ASA or as close to the valve as you can get. Dry fire 20 times, without the barrel and thats it!

Your just wasting oil at the moment.

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
Yeah I've checked and changed the o-rings. In fact I've given the whole Mag a complete over haul in the o-ring department. It seems to happen after the first shot amd then the valve seems to push itself away from the main body, leaving a 1 to 2 mm gap between the body and the valve, now I'm pretty sure that no Mag valve sits flush with the body...but I could be wrong!

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
The on/off valve should come out a little about 1mm, then the on/off rod should come out when gassed up (you wont see that cos it should be attached to the body, if you dont you get a on/off in the eye)

The valve should stick out enough to be able to get it out with your fingers.

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
No sorry I don't think I've explained it correctly. I know the whole ON/Off assembly should stick out of the Main Valve Body about 1mm. I mean the main Valve body the whole thing Power Tube,Reg, On/Off seems to get pushed back out of the right hand feed frame by about 1 to 3 mm and that is when the leak starts.

Basically when you remove the field strip pin the valve can slide out. ok but then I put it back in and tighten up the field stip pin. I gas it up, that's fine. I fire one shot and the Valve moves backwards a little and the leak starts. Sometimes when I fire off a few shots the leak stops sometimes it just get quieter.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Ok the valve is meant to "pop" in and out like that. But not when you shoot it.

Ok it could be a leak in the Powertube. theres a tiny o-ring in there thats leaking or your power tube spring has become compressed and letting air out. I think that can happen.

Bascially my knowledge of mags has been exhausted - I suggest if you want more help to go to www.automags.org and ask on their forums or phone up AGD-E (www.airgun.com/europe)

Short awnser no

I have just come back from my tec course and no no no you can't over grease it Mr Sosta coats ever thing in a fine smear of silicon grease. I kid you not so I asked him is it possible to over grease it and no it just shoots it out if you go too mad.

I can't awnser your question I can only do it if the marker is inforunt of me and have not mastered stripping them in my sleep yet;)

I would contavt The lovley mr Sosta he also has vidios showing tec marker stuff which you may find usefull.

Good luck

sparklie

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Rob what have you done now? It was showing the same fault at OTE,am I right in saying the complete valve assembly is moving when you shoot,if it is it could be that the strip screw,screw socket on the grip frame ,or screw socket on the valve is worn or a wierd one is check the mainspring seating and tighten the strip screws with an allen key as if their slack the spring can cause them to move,and I know how limpwristed you are.:D

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
Yeah it is the same fault as at OTE. I have thought about it being a problem with the Field Strip Pin or Socket or hole in the grip frame. I might try really tightening it up with the allen key and perhapes a bit of teflon tape for good measure.

For the records, there is no way I'm limp wristed. I have spent the good years of puberty in my bathroom working a toning a very firm and muscular wrist. :D

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
Well I've just tried the tightening the field strip pin, ( I nearly broke the allen key it was so tight) and guess what, no leak. I must have fired a good 30 -40 shots and not one hisss.

I bet you a fiver that when I go to the OTE walk on that the second I gas it up again the sod will start to leak. Oh well might be getting a ReTro valve soon anyway just to go with your chrome power feed body Jamie!