Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can you save a life? Fix a hangnail?

Manning26

A pal of mine passed out and went into seizures right in front of me at work today. I was stunned, at first I thought he was messing around, but I quickly realized that wasn't the case. Thankfully there were other people around who quickly got hold of an ambulance and did whatever it is you're supposed to do in such a circumstance. I felt so helpless, It was a horrible feeling, and still feel a bit bad about it now. After the medics came, fixed him up and carted him away, I wondered what the hell I could've done better. I wondered how everything would've gone had we been at the field. I've read tons of articles regarding first aid for paintball fields, but how many people actually have the means to do anything at their respective fields? A bit of a tip to all, be sure your field has, at the very least, a telephone, 'cause if there ain't a doc' in the house, you may have Billy Joe Bob trying to straighten your broken leg, or possibly givin' a little mouth to mouth. All I wanted to do here is to get everyone up on safety, there's a lot more to paintball safety than goggles and barrel plugs. Take care of yourselves, especially you renegades, just remember the old boyscout motto, "be prepared."
>>BE SAFE!<<

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
About a two years ago, I found a young girl who had been badly beaten up in Soho squarein London's West End. She had cuts and bruises all over her and had been kicked in the crotch. I was very unsure of what to do, but I managed to get her an ambulance and looked after her as best I could until they arrived.
I felt very useless. I decided to do something about it and took a First Responder course, including a Wilderness first responder as I'm out in the woods playing paintball. I'd recommend it to anyone who is likely to be involved in outdoors activities.
On a similar note, a player twisted his ankle at Campaign last year. I had to treat him as none of the staff had any training and there was no first aid kit available. Paintball marshalls should really have mandatory first aid training, and fields should be equiped to deal with any emergency.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
I have to say the worst paintball injury i've seen (heard of actually you'll see why ive said this:) )
Kid comes up to a mate of mine. we are both marshalls by the way.
anway kid comes up to my mate and says

-"I've broken my ball bag."
-"right mate i'm sorry we can't replace any for you"
-"no i don't think you understand" -> points to crotch
-"oh **** sorry mate"*sniggering ends up in hostpital with four stitches at the TOP of his ball bag.

Painful or what? we were cringeing in the pub afterwards i can tell you that :) Wherever you are dude a toast. Atoast to you for not crying in pain.
and the moral of the story is: if you don't have a trained first aider put your site near to a hospital. (sorry don't know where that came from as we have trained first aiders on site so.....)

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
I'll be happy to sign up for any first aid coarse ( fractured my left arm playing at a walk on didn't know it at the time carried on playing for the rest of the day , only found it was bust a week later when I got it X-rayed) saying that though it needs to be kept up to date. Where I work we have a rapid response team who are given regular training in a veriety of scenarios. Their training includes re-sus so I am trying to get on the team:D (lotsa toy's that go foom he he);)