Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

can you use vasaline as lube?

badd701

EGO = GOD
Jul 5, 2006
nailsea,bristol
the guy i bought my cocker off used vas on the bolt and it seems to work ok was just wondering incase its like rele bad and its screwed it compleat ly in bits i cant see lol

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Petroleum jelly isn't good on a lot of o-rings, it degrades them. Won't matter on urethane o-rings, but rubber and nitrile you shouldn't put it on. It's not a great lube anyway, that's why petroleum based greases don't often get used in the paintball industry, you get a lot better properties from most of the synthetic greases. In the case of the Ion, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why the Vaseline is working better than paintball grease is that you were either under or over applying. Buy some Dow33 and some synthetic oil (ACI and KC are both good) and you'll be better off. Avoid petroleum based products, like vaseline and mineral oils, and absolutely DO NOT use any penetrating oils, like WD-40 or TriFlow.

ToXiN

Feel it....
Jun 28, 2006
UK
think i might get some slick honey for my matrix lots of the americans swear by it
Slick Honey is great during the summer, but when the temperature drops for the winter I wouldn't use it.

Dow33 Is a pretty good all-rounder.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
To answer the question you are actually asking - yes vaseline can be used as a lube.

whether or not you would want to use it on your gun is another matter. I've only ever put it on my regs and used something liquid based to lube the fast moving parts. Vaseline or thick lube tends to slow everything down.

p.s. vaseline and condoms do not mix.

Skeet

Platinum Member
p.s. vaseline and condoms do not mix.
Very true...spit, KY Jelly or some other water based lubricant is a much better bet, and is less likely to cause the condom to split.

Also...baby oil is a bad idea...just use it for the pre-coital massage..apart from damaging any profilactics...it aslo tends to "cook" certain parts of teh anatomy.

Planet recommend Vasaline fopr lubing Regs on Ego's....but...for an Ionor Shocker and for DM markers. Dow33 (Shocker Lube) is best, especially in winter.

bo0-Yah

Jan 31, 2004
Surrey
Whilst were on this subject...
I bought a bottle of Extreme Rage synthetic marker oil the other day and i'm wondering if this would be ok to use it on my angel speed 04 instead of wdp love juice, on the bolt and all the bits and peices the manual says to add a couple of drops of love juice to. I think its similar stuff and should be ok, but i thought it'd be best to check here first and make sure. :)