Celtic Banshees Press Release ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P8ntballer.Com

Administrator
Mar 31, 2009
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Celtic Banshees paintball team was created just over 4 months ago so the team could play in the Millennium as the British all-female paintball team.
We decided to stay together and compete in our domestic leagues with a view to playing as a competitive team in what for all intents and purposes was an all-male tournament environment.
We do not wish to be defined as being an all-female paintball team; we are a paintball team who just happen to be females.
We’re not looking for anything other than being treated just like any other team, and with that in mind, we have decided to try and push for the next level.
We knew we needed some help and so we decided to look outside of our team for direction.
We’re supported by Celtic Paintball who are our team’s primary sponsor; their support allows us to pursue our goals in an extremely competitive environment.
It’s going to be a tough ask but with Celtic paintball on board, it will help us enormously.
We’re really grateful to them for supporting us and we will try as hard as we can to justify their decision to sponsor the Celtic Banshees.

We all knew that if we wanted to be taken seriously as a team, and not just an all-female paintball team, we had to set off in the right direction so we could genuinely compete with other paintball teams.
A few weeks ago Lemon and Lump went out with Robbo for a meal and they discussed some of the aspirations of our team; it didn’t take too much twisting of Pete’s arm before Lemon had got him to tap out three times in submission and he said he’d help train us.
I’ve personally known Pete [Robbo] for a very long time, as has Lemon, and so we know full well what he’s accomplished in our game and we’re hoping he can at least point us all in the right direction.

When we told him we were going to write this press release, we asked him for a comment regarding why he had agreed to train us … he said the following:-

I swore I would never get involved in training a team again and I meant it… but, the challenge of training the Celtic Banshees was just too attractive to resist.

I’ve known Shell for over 15 years and am godfather to Jade, Shell’s sister … I’ve also known Lemon and her husband Lump for a long time and let’s face it, who doesn’t know them.
I already knew their dedication to the game and when the idea of doing a seminar for them arose, I had no hesitation whatsoever in saying ‘yes’.
I think this could be my greatest challenge .. not because they are all female players but because they are a ready-made team with varying degrees of ability.
It should be fun anyway!!
Pete created Nexus back in the day and took them to one of the top ten teams in the world in their first year .. we have the same dedication and commitment as those original Nexus guys and we’re gonna be headed in the same direction.
If Pete can show us what we need to do, then it’s down to us to maintain that direction afterwards.
We’re all looking forward to this tomorrow at Yorkie’s Brickett Wood and we’re hoping it will be our first step on our road to being a truly competitive team.

Shelley Farmer

Last edited:
Reactions: Twizz ECI and Lemon
Status
Not open for further replies.