Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

celtic paintballs

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
tom is that the paint we first got at blackpool??? if it is, like raffles said, dont do it!:)
It certainly was Ali, it jammed my Victory on the first ball and shot tripe out of my ego.. Glad we changed it quickly to DXS Silver..

I would certainly never use it in training or Tourney..

Im would use DXS Triumph guys, i have used this for about three months now and find it to be great.

We have even used it at the NSPL..

Mag2.0

Mar 27, 2009
ok guys i have not heard much about these and the team is looking into getting them next torney just want to now what everyone thinks about them plz and cheers

thanks
stu
Alot of skirmish sites use it as their site paint as its hard enough for dropped hoppers and unserviced guns and is very cheap.

Id stick to something like warpaint or dxs.

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington
The Celtic Gun chest or whatever its called is good paint, the brown box of stuff with the halal badge on it. :D

im so confused by your post chriz!

and the celtic was horrible as it was said shot it twice and both times horrible i wouldnt mind if it was at least round but it was pulling some odd shapes

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Another paint that Celtic make is called bullet chest or something like that i really cant remember whats its called but its in a brown box with a halal badge. That is good paint, nice and round etc.

The stuff we had then was obviously a bad batch and was a different flavour, Celtic dont just have 1 type or quality of paint. The question was about celtic paint not a specific box full or type. For example DXS have gold silver bronze etc, if you said DXS is mint paint because you only shoot gold (ex hellfire stuff) then you cant really comment on the bronze can you?. Likewise if you shot bronze and it didnt perform like gold at an event then would you judge DXS as a company and call every flavor they have?

Either way Proto is my fave BZ PAINTBALL AND PROTO PAINT FTW lol, and i say that honestly as a personal opinion having shot many brands etc :D

Edit:- http://www.celticpaintball.co.uk/ - there you go the stuff on the left in the brown box is good, the stuff on the right was what you were whining about :D

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Say well clear of the green shelled stuff. Even a .698 bore would have trouble getting that stuff through it.

One tip for users of Celtic though - keep it warm - not luke - but toasty. It does not like the cold at all. Maybe it's time to invest in a FlameTek bag (like I did)?

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Personally i found the opposite, keeping it really warm made it rubbery and bouncy, keeping it out the sun and quite cool (in the summer) it was lovely.

To be honest i dont bother boring paint anyways and just shoot a .693 and dont have any trouble with an ego.

I have a flametek bag and have to be honest its brand new as i have never used it as i mainly shoot proto anways. Proto is a really rugged paint, ok it may on occasion have a few small and a few big balls but nothing to write about considering the quantity i get through. The odd time i have had a rotor jam (i think twice) which out of hundreds of boxes i dont see there is a issue. It bursts lovely on impact if looked after right (like BZ do) but can stay in a pod with left overs for a week or whatever and still shoot fine :D

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
All the Celtic we used to shoot (used to be sponsored by them) turned in to golf balls when cold (dimpled and hard).

Maybe I'm doing them an injustice though - as that was 5-6 years ago (when they first came on the scene).