The Home Of European Paintball

Changes to P8ntballer?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
I do hate it when

Rancid has a point!

Jay are you looking for that a pay rise?

I think we should split the tourney bit then people can go to the part they want. Beaker did say how would you do it if X-Ball went worldwide and the Nppl/PSP 7 man thing here is the first draft of an idea!

Xball has it's own space so does not matter where you are from who you play for etc its all Xball baby.

NPPL Becomes a 10 man forum (cos it is at the mo)

Millennium and 7 man series just have a heading of 7 man.

Then all other events local etc just come under a local heading!

Just an idea you understand. Over to you Cow Head!

And on a final note (am going for the extra cash too) I am glad to part of this whole thing it makes me smile and laugh and cry (Robbo) and am glad to help (if I do that is)

Piper

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
It's the end of the world as we know it --

Originally posted by rancid
You know, the latest audited figures for P8 was summat like 70k unique visitors (ok it was round about the world cup time) but only a few hundred post! Is this a problem?

So, I guess, I'm agreeing with Manning, and on that bombshell...
--and I feel fine.
Guess another question is--does more active involvement mean more unique visitors? And doesn't more unique visitors translate into the prospect of more magazine subs?
Personally I have no problem leaving things as they are, though I would split 'Speak' into 'pball only Speak' and 'Mindless Blather' and be perfectly content with the result.
My advocacy has nothing whatever to do with a crusade I'm hellbent on. IF R says on Monday, "Right, that's it, we're leaving it as is," I'll gladly say, "cool," and forget the whole thing---or if one of you geniuses comes up with a patently brilliant idea I'll support it 100%.:)

Beak--I'd post in the new 'Speak' :p

Steve--if you ain't read the posts, dude, c'mon. And you ARE a crusader and you do post on all those other sites spreading the word. ;)

Bud--incrementalism is OK.
As to the means/goal dispute bottom line you're correct but one of the probs R's got is that it's difficult to translate site data into relatable magazine data so in dealing with the site you've got to say odds are the more folks drawn thru here the more impact it'll have on the magazine. So a, if not, the, primary goal of the site has to be volume of numbers attracted. :p :D

EDIT ADDED--Yes, IF a change were to be made to Tournament Forum a break along lines suggested by the Beak is preferable to my original suggestion and would go a long way to preserving the character that is important while adding a means that might very well pump up activity but in a controlled, specific way.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot

Originally posted by Baca Loco
--and I feel fine.
Guess another question is--does more active involvement mean more unique visitors? And doesn't more unique visitors translate into the prospect of more magazine subs?
Personally I have no problem leaving things as they are, though I would split 'Speak' into 'pball only Speak' and 'Mindless Blather' and be perfectly content with the result.
My advocacy has nothing whatever to do with a crusade I'm hellbent on. IF R says on Monday, "Right, that's it, we're leaving it as is," I'll gladly say, "cool," and forget the whole thing---or if one of you geniuses comes up with a patently brilliant idea I'll support it 100%.:)

Beak--I'd post in the new 'Speak' :p

Steve--if you ain't read the posts, dude, c'mon. And you ARE a crusader and you do post on all those other sites spreading the word. ;)

Bud--incrementalism is OK.
As to the means/goal dispute bottom line you're correct but one of the probs R's got is that it's difficult to translate site data into relatable magazine data so in dealing with the site you've got to say odds are the more folks drawn thru here the more impact it'll have on the magazine. So a, if not, the, primary goal of the site has to be volume of numbers attracted. :p :D

EDIT ADDED--Yes, IF a change were to be made to Tournament Forum a break along lines suggested by the Beak is preferable to my original suggestion and would go a long way to preserving the character that is important while adding a means that might very well pump up activity but in a controlled, specific way.

Sweet mother of mercy! Call CNN! I think we are in agreement!

PS Baca, it should be real simple to find out how many subs were generated through the site. Also the who and where is real easy to find out. There are companies that can do that for you...and it ain't even that expensive.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by Manning26
I very much back the suggestion of a b.s., non-paintball-related forum, so I don't have to be such a dick on 'Brains. Call it, "Romper Room," or, "The Pub," or some crap like that ... and no, I don't want to moderate it, I volunteer Rooster.;)

I just read this and well I guess I can be the bad guy one other place other than work. :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: It's the end of the world as we know it --

Originally posted by Buddha 3
PS Baca, it should be real simple to find out how many subs were generated through the site. Also the who and where is real easy to find out. There are companies that can do that for you...and it ain't even that expensive.
Only for those that make the choice and sign up thru the site. How many young players out there aren't going to have access to credit cards or parents willing to use them but get interested because of the site? Or folks like me who would sooner go to the bookstore and check out a copy before signing up? Lots of ways for the site to impact subs potentially that you can't confirm. Which is neither here nor there, really.

I second Roo for Free-for-All Forum. No need to thank me. :rolleyes: :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Having worked with these sort of stats, I can confirm that they are pretty accurate (there is ofcourse room for some deviation). But that's not the point of this discussion anyway, so let's leave it at that (while I still have the final word :D )

So you want Roo for Kindergarten Cop?
Hey, that might be a good name for that part of the forum. Kindergarten.
I think we need to rotate mods on that part of the forum regularly, otherwise we'll end up with mods shooting themselves.

Or we could give it to Pete. That should be a laugh.

rancid

Mother, is that you?

Originally posted by Baca Loco
--and I feel fine.

We know how many subs we get a month off the site, and it's not too bad - we don't know how many people see the site and then search out the mags on the newsstand (but our sales in the US are up significantly yoy). But I draw you back to the distinction of 45k unique visitors avg to the site (and this is measurable) Vs hundreds posting ie as long as they are using the site as a resource, it doesn't really matter (or at least it's not critical) if the numbers thru the forum is small. Again quality (and influence) counts.

Hey we're washing our linen in public here you know. (Just sticking to Piper's laundry fascination.)