Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 1 - The Rise and Fool of UK Paintball ...

Nev

www.never-land.co.uk
Mar 31, 2004
under a rock.
www.never-land.co.uk
I just read this full account over the last 2 days.
It brought me to the point where last night i simply couldn't sleep. I was frustrated with myself because these posts have been here for years, and I had never seen them before.
2004 was where it all started for me. Nexus were in blue and all i ever wanted in life, was to be one of them.
Dave Stewart asked me to redraw this logo for him, from a picture of a patch many years ago. As was always the case with NK, i just did my job and didn't ask questions. Now i know. Now i understand.
The sad part is, that looking back, if i'd read these posts i would have known who all those people were. I've met a large quantity of them. I always knew they were important, but i didn't understand why or how, and i didn't ask.
Thats a shame on me. It was never in disrespect. I joined the european circuit at a time where I was star struck on every turn. I was so excited everyday living right there in the moment and enjoying it all that it never occurred to me to look into the history.
I'm sat here looking at what paintball did to my life. The good and the bad.
I'm wondering for sure that if i knew then what i know now (as of yesterday) my whole paintball career might have been very different.

As a result i advise all paintballers to read this. Start to finish.
This has definitely inspired me to do something. I have a kid now and I worry that paintball wont be around by the time he's old enough. Not in the UK anyway.
I'm not famous. I'm not a pro. I'm no big deal. I have no cash. But i have a lot of heart. I'm going to do what i can to keep this alive.

Steve sampson

May 2, 2017
tunbridge wells kent
hi Robbo remember the guys that started NWC at Richard and dave site survival game Billericay Essex Rob murphy /Rob Rudery ,Richard Lloyd leather shoes lol and of course me samo and then you and Mel and a few of your mates came to the site to play (splat master days ) and we all got together for the first survival game tournament and full NWC team was born .Can remember you turning up in your blue lotus car and you bringing the first phantom tournament gun to site £300 I think they was.Old splats in the bin we got phantoms .
SAMO

Reactions: Tom and Bolter

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I remember all you mention Steve - I even remember the fact you were one of our best players back then.
I always felt we had the best of times with the emphasis on having fun.
It was only idiots like me who took it too seriously.
I wish I could go back and experience that same ‘rush’ we felt as we ran out toward our opponents, priceless :)

Good times eh Steve, good times!

Reactions: Tom

Steve sampson

May 2, 2017
tunbridge wells kent
yes pete definitely the best of times and thanks for your kind comment and you was definitely no idiot you was the guy that cemented the whole team together and taught the team tactical ability and emphasis on winning you turned a pub team into one of the best teams in country not without its problems true but still a great feat and we did have some great times .SAMO

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, before this descends into a mutual love-fest I’d better clarify a few points.
Our team back then [1987] was one of the very first paintball teams in the UK along with Steve Mattacott’s Bad Company and the Farmer boys with Bart’s Stud Squad.
Everything we all did was guesswork because none of us knew a damn thing about playing paintball.
It was a great place to start because it presented a whole raft of unique problems.

As the industry/sport grew, we grew along with it with no real idea where it would take us all.

I’ll never forget the feelings we experienced the night before each event, it was like being a kid all over again.
After all, it was just like Cowboys and Indians ..... ahhh, to have those feelings once more :)