Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 1 - The Rise and Fool of UK Paintball ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
@Robbo by far the best and comprehensive history of the sport iv seen written (and i tend to have a lot of time on my hands)

Thank you
Thanks - however, I would like to add this account is my personal history but there’s a whole world of paintball experiences and histories out there.

Unfortunately, there are an acute shortage of people qualified to write about it.
There is one exception however - John Amodea is collating a whole slew of videos consisting of paintball’s famous and infamous stars and personalities
in his History of Paintball - I think it’s being launched on his Facebook group sometime soon - You’ll of course be utterly delighted to know I was asked to give my account.
And since my account/opinions was on video, I had to make myself look presentable and made sure my hair was stylishly combed [in this case, ‘my hair’ is used in its singular form].

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
@Robbo with the film about the history of paintball coming out, and I think they reached out to Bart and Shelly Farmer already, were you involved with that? Seems a shame if you weren't. With the massive P8nt book being released this year, I'd love to see a recap of genres. Maybe a thread about everyone who played from 85-90, then 90-95 etc and what they did, most memorable events, things they saw in the industry and how we've changed and march that all the way up to today. Might be cool :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Spike - John Amodea and myself go back a long way - he's heavily involved in the media and has a vast amount of knowledge of who's who and what's what.
I think he's been writing about paintball for roughly the same time as myself, about 30 years or so.

He's a well respected guy and I'm really looking forward to what he's compiled.

As for what he's asked myself to contribute?

He gave me a list of the usual suspects starting with the birth of paintball in the UK covering pretty much everything up to now.

He asked me to film a 45 minute long video covering how I got involved in paintball etc. and also talking about other individuals in our sport/industry.
When I finished the part of the video concerning myself - I then had 22 seconds left for other people ……...OK, I just lied but I wonder how many people took that seriously ? :)

Anyways, I'm not sure who else from the UK is involved except for Ledz - I know John has asked him to contribute - Ledz has been in the game for about 25 years now and also has a vast amount of knowledge and is also uniquely placed to give people an account of what's happened in the UK in that period.

It'll be interesting watching these videos that's for sure because I'd like to see what the Yanks say about us - after all, we're all well aware of just how self-obsessed they are but I'd like the UK to be represented in this history.
The are plenty of Brits who've made a significant contribution to our sport that's for sure.
Ledz, Ged Green, Steve Baldwin, Matt Tudor, Steve Duffy, John and Jackie Sosta and so on.
Still, we'll soon see ……

Reactions: Spikerz

Chosen83

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks - however, I would like to add this account is my personal history but there’s a whole world of paintball experiences and histories out there.

Unfortunately, there are an acute shortage of people qualified to write about it.
There is one exception however - John Amodea is collating a whole slew of videos consisting of paintball’s famous and infamous stars and personalities
in his History of Paintball - I think it’s being launched on his Facebook group sometime soon - You’ll of course be utterly delighted to know I was asked to give my account.
And since my account/opinions was on video, I had to make myself look presentable and made sure my hair was stylishly combed [in this case, ‘my hair’ is used in its singular form].
It would be great for a history of the NWC.

Lee set me some cracking photos the other day, be super to have context on them.

obviously your one of the original Wreckers