Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 6 - The Rise and Fool of UK Paintball ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Spurs - Arsenal example is a non-starter mate because there has been little to no 'arrangements' done in the Premier league - With NWC and the Preds, there is the common factor of nationality and historically, this tended to trump all other considerations in international paintball events.
I can name around 10 such instances if I cared to think back, some of which NWC were party to.
It was a long time ago now and I suppose should be consigned to that trash-can in the sky.
It spiced things up I suppose and generated a lot of gossip anyway.
As for Ashley?
The guy was a prihk and had few redeeming qualities but I suppose it takes all sorts :/

Tris

Method Agent # 13
Mar 19, 2003
Black Country UK
Visit site
I remember when a team had two teams in the same event, we were made to play each other first. It is common that teams will affect a result for the better of themselves in the later stages of any competition, not just in paintball. NWC were no different from any other team, even when you played for the Crew.

Like you say, it's a long time ago now and it is in the trash can for most, only people like me and you remember those days. I often think back to that time and see them as when the sport was a bit more mean, moody and magnificent. Today, it just don't seem the same.

Reactions: Nicky T

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Nothing stays the same Tris but it's hard to learn from our mistakes such that any commentary people like you and I might make, is always gonna be viewed as peering through rose-tinted glasses thus rendering it tainted.
Money drives our sport not nostalgia no matter how well-intentioned, and it will continue to do so I'm afraid.

Tris

Method Agent # 13
Mar 19, 2003
Black Country UK
Visit site
I agree there Pete, the only thing that is certain in life is change, the past is where it will always be. I'm sure we can both say we enjoyed our time in the spotlight and the friends and experiences we gained. Woods paintball will always be the best in my mind, supair ball is a great version of the sport and has transformed the present and will guarantee a future

There is not one thing money does not drive and for anything to grow it has to generate money. My rose coloured glasses are now shaded out, life in Australia is bright.

Catt

Dec 5, 2012
Wisbech, Cambs
I'm so glad that someone has written this. I have heard so many different stories from various people about how it all began, it's nice to finally see the 'Definitive Version'!