Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Chapter 7 - Addendum: The Miami Massacre ...

Commander_mos_pb_boutique

Taco Connoiseur
Jan 1, 2022
Miami, FL, USA
For any refs who has to adjudicate pro team confrontations … they don’t get paid enough.
Yeah, agreed. Nor can one expect them to be flawless in their decision-making. They are human , after all. But yeah they don't really get paid enough. Period. Often times, refs have to stand in blistering hot weather, as is the case in South Florida, get shot at, get screamed at, etc etc The front line workers of the regulatory framework falls on the shoulder of poorly paid wage-earners. And that’s part of the problem. But hey— could’ve been worse, you could’ve smacked the referee. And back then, corretc me if Im wrong, the leagues were not so strict when it came to physical altercations on the field especially if they are directed at a ref. I don't think the leagues had the zero-tolerance stance that they've adopted towards violence/physical altercations (since around 2010) where players can literally get banned for life like Domigues, who got banned for 8 years by the EPBF back in 2012-2013 (among others.) Banished for 8 years in paintball might as well be banished for life. But hey, not attacking the ref seems highly sensible and a huge silver lining that should be noted. You DIDNT re-arrange the ref's face, so that's a huge win in my book.

Last edited:

Taco Connoiseur
Jan 1, 2022
Miami, FL, USA
Not at all. And yes, I'm originally from NY but I've lived in Miami for the past 20 something years. I'm a commercial real estate broker by trade but I have many good friends in the industry and I have brokered real estate leases for a lot of industry insiders. I'm also friends with fellow Brit Reese Bridges ( of Dirty Vegas renown) he's my gatekeeper to the Gibb family. (And another Brit living in miami.) Yes that Maurice Gibbs, music icon from The Bee Gees . You may already know all of this but he owned Commander Mo's in Miami Beach which was quite an impressive PB shop. And he was the main distribution partner for WDP and Belsales (SP) in the US. He was a huge pillar of the PB community and even brokered the TV deal between NPPL and Fox Sports with the help of WDP/APS. He was the glue that brought all of that together in the early 2000's. The NPPL Super 7 in Miami was even named after him: it was called Commander's Cup. He was also owner/captain of the Royal Rat Rangers which went semi pro a few seasons. (WDP sponsored)

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've always found it amazing just how far being a celebrity can take you in the US ..... it's a door opener for sure - whether you earned it or not.
It sems to be an affliction that has gained a foot-hold over here.
The working premise seems to be that when the US sneezes, we catch a cold shortly after ....

Last edited:

Taco Connoiseur
Jan 1, 2022
Miami, FL, USA
The Gibb family has huge international success. They still make millions per year in royalties alone. And Barry is sitll doing shows even at his age. I remember hearing crazy stories of fans traveling from Australia and Europe to the PB shop becasue they thought that they'd see Maurice or one of his brothers there -- but yes, the family is loadeddd, near-billionaire status. It's insane. They couldnt even be bothered with the 5 or so storage units full of old, rare, deadstock ****. They literally had to be convinced by Reese and peter Bofil to liquidate it for the good of the PB community. They were sitting on treasure troves of rare belsales parts among other highly-sought-after goods. And Reese himself, he's a Grammy winning drummer of world renown. He doesnt do too poorly himself to say the least. But yeah, needless to say, being commercially successful in showbiz and/or music in the States... is Boo Koo bucks.

Last edited:

Taco Connoiseur
Jan 1, 2022
Miami, FL, USA
Barry Gib getting knighted in 2018: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44612790

But for sure, even in the UK, most celebrities are FreeMasons in one degree or another (no pun intended) and are considered part of a country’s elite, for better or worse. Which BTW, Reese also drums for Ordinary Boys, a very popular band since the early 2000’s, and needless to say, good British rock bands have always been extremely successful all over the world. One could even say that the best rock is British.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I haven't spoke to Pete Bofil for a loooong time.
I got on really well with Pete even when i had that 'misunderstanding between Nexus and his team
He's one of the original 'names' coming out of paintball back in the day.
Along with Danny Bonura and Chino, I really liked those guys.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I haven’t had too much to do with paintball for a year or so - I’m hoping I can rectify that in the coming weeks.
And as if by magical coincidence, I just got a text from Sergey.
if you know who he is, then great, if not, don’t worry.
He always forgets about the time difference which is why his text just woke me up :( :(
Lord only knows what he wants :/
It’ll be interesting hopefully.

Taco Connoiseur
Jan 1, 2022
Miami, FL, USA
RL Sergey? Good stuff. I don't know him prsonally but I know who he is. Has a similar style of play to mine: insert player with high paintball-IQ, makes good decisions consistently, talented gunfighter through and through.

Yeah Peter is good people. He started a crossbow company and turned inventor…. Haha. Came up with several design improvements on crossbows. And that’s where you’ll find him these days — in the bow fishing and hunting world. I know Chino as well although just on the field, on practice and recball days.

Some of Peter's filed patents:

Last edited: