Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

chin strap

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone could help with a question i have, as i have heard a rumor about this so was just looking to find out if there is any truth behind it.

Are Chin Straps on Masks mandatory now to play on tournament days ? apologies if this is a silly question but i thought best i find out.

Ash.

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Technically they always were since the masks are tested with them but now that the scrutiny has improved the refs are checking them.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
The question of ATSM certification on older masks that didn't have chinstraps and how those passed when the velocity and general make up of the paintball hasn't changed. Out of pure curiosity I wonder how my old JT's 16 years ago were certified ATSM safe, but my new Grillz need chinstraps.

However, the current ATSM (the safety folks) ruling is that they ARE required to be compliant.

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Hmm mixed bag of answers here then haha, will have to sort something for my sly profits it is the case as i got rid of my chin straps, but my wife is handy at that kind of stuff, so i could get something sorted i guess.......if this is going to be the case, i wonder if rules on selling masks second hand on the forum will change to say masks being sold must be sold with the chin strap ? becoming quite interesting this.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
If you have a set of Vio's, Virtue will give you a chinstrap for free, you just have to pay shipping. Or pick one up in person at any event where they have a booth.

I use my Vio strap on my grills, as it's way more comfortable.

Reactions: platoongod

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Watching the inane butthurt on the nation over the chinstrap rules is hilarious, guys complaining about being choked out by the straps and other nonsense....

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I'm gonna slide and black out man! It's pretty hilarious. Other than it being annoying under my chin..it's not horrid.