Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choices

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I not only used to love watching the US teams play, but a few years back you actually got to play against them, thats what i looked forward to.
I never looked forward to those games myself.
What was the point? Sure, there is always the off chance that you somehow manage to whoop pro ass (remember K2 vs GZ in Amsterdam?), but more likely than not, you get spanked. Quick.

It was the games against teams from my own div that got my blood going. After all, those are the games that tell you where you really stand.

Still, I can see the appeal. It's like being a kid that just started playing a guitar suddenly sharing a stage with Jimi Hendrix (Although that would be somewhat smelly these days).

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
It's an extremely loaded question Pete - as well you know..... and no paintballer in his right mind would say no at this point in time!

But, once teams see what it does to their finances (and chance to do well in the MS series standings) - once their sponsors weigh in - and once the full particulars of such an event are known - things may change for many.

I realise what you are doing here - but I do not think we will see a serious move away from the MS, until a competing Series is in place.... I don't think one event will do it, if the expenses are the same as at an MS event.

That having been said, the market is ripe for a new series right now.... there are a LOT of pissed off teams out there at the moment, because we are paying more than ever before, we are being treated worse than ever, and the service level has dropped considerably.

Nick

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
im sure my team would love to play something like that, monies permitting, even though we are just an m5 team!:D

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Yes I would definitely go for that.

Change is as good as a rest. With the Millenium series one event means nothing, as a lot of the teams play the series, so you have no chance if you are playing (or can only afford to play) one event or even two, the end result is usually non reflective of a teams ability.

I have always said that another tournament would soon force the Millenium board to sit up and shake themselves. competition forces every business to work harder.

For the chance to play, and indeed learn from a US pro team, the entry fee would be well worth it.

Xball also gives people the chance to recover from one or two bad games and pull back a few points. If nothing else to say you scored a couple of points agains Ironmen, Dynasty, RL and whoever else would be a feather in anyones cap!!

Absolutely, definitely, without a doubt a superb idea.

You could even hold it in Belfast!!!

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
It's an extremely loaded question Pete - as well you know..... and no paintballer in his right mind would say no at this point in time!

But, once teams see what it does to their finances (and chance to do well in the MS series standings) - once their sponsors weigh in - and once the full particulars of such an event are known - things may change for many.

I realise what you are doing here - but I do not think we will see a serious move away from the MS, until a competing Series is in place.... I don't think one event will do it, if the expenses are the same as at an MS event.

That having been said, the market is ripe for a new series right now.... there are a LOT of pissed off teams out there at the moment, because we are paying more than ever before, we are being treated worse than ever, and the service level has dropped considerably.

Nick
Nick,

I disagree with you that a stand alone event would not have the mass appeal of a series. If the right people could produce a European Cup level event on a par with World Cup i think you'd see a decrease in the number of teams making the effort to play their 'local' Millennium event... instead, concentrating on an end of year spectacular.

To keep 100% on topic, it would be an interesting idea but as i say, would have to be done by the right people at the right time of year with the right level of promotion, etc to ensure attendance figures and to make sure it was ever to happen again!

Stan

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I think Nick is right, the question will generally get only the one answer, but I believe the decider for most players would if it is to become a reality, is who the promoter would be.

If it's someone of the quality and experience of WDP I believe it would certainly attract enough major teams to work.

And Xball always works for me.

Russ