Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choices

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's an extremely loaded question Pete - as well you know..... and no paintballer in his right mind would say no at this point in time!

But, once teams see what it does to their finances (and chance to do well in the MS series standings) - once their sponsors weigh in - and once the full particulars of such an event are known - things may change for many.

I realise what you are doing here - but I do not think we will see a serious move away from the MS, until a competing Series is in place.... I don't think one event will do it, if the expenses are the same as at an MS event.

That having been said, the market is ripe for a new series right now.... there are a LOT of pissed off teams out there at the moment, because we are paying more than ever before, we are being treated worse than ever, and the service level has dropped considerably.

Nick
A simple 'yes' or a 'no' would have sufficed Nick; my question isn't loaded at all, it's an inquiry as to whether the European baller would consider attending an event that would potentially compromise their positional standing in the Millennium, that's all.

I don't give a monkeys about the pros here, I just wanna see what he majority want, and from what I am seeing so far, people want something different than what's being served up now.

Syd: This is self evidently a hypothetical question mate but that in itself doesn't undermine the integrity of the question or indeed any of its responses.

I think people are reading way too much into this...it's just a simple question, that's all.
I know some people are already aware of certain individuals who were asking me what I thought about setting up a rival league but that was last year and this question has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

BOOGIE

May 21, 2004
FLA , USA
Visit site
Of course players will say yes to somthing like this due to the fact "The grass is always greener across the street". As a outsider looking in another reason for a yes is the chance to play against and watch the top US teams. Problem is money to set up a event to do this ( both in set up and teams being flown in). I do have a thought tho Pete and when i get home ill pm it to ya :) ( and no its not about this idea its another one :)

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
A simple 'yes' or a 'no' would have sufficed Nick
Then you should have made a poll ;)

No team playing the MS today would say no to the question you asked, given the circumstances you gave them - so I fear the results lack validity.... you know how paintballers are... come payment time, many will drop off.

Like, how many of the brit teams answering would still go play, if the event was held in Spain - for instance?

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Then you should have made a poll ;)

No team playing the MS today would say no to the question you asked, given the circumstances you gave them - so I fear the results lack validity.... you know how paintballers are... come payment time, many will drop off.

Like, how many of the brit teams answering would still go play, if the event was held in Spain - for instance?

Nick

Nick, you see this one of your problems, let me be the judge of what's valid and what's not, I AM asking the question NOT you.

If I want a poll, I will have one but in the meantime, FFS if all you wanna do is impose your thoughts onto anybody else (like me, one 4 one etc etc etc), then go start your own thread.

And as for you suggesting no team saying 'no', I would think a team who is serious about amassing league points may well have a problem in attending this hypothetical event bearing in mind the financials ... all I wanted to do was to put my toe in the water as to how people felt and sometimes in a poll, the response remit is too restrictive ......
Nick, I nearly always value what you have to say but please, please, please, just for one second, try and entertain the fact that other people's posts and thoughts do not necessarily revolve around your intellect.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I for one would prefer it to be in spain british weather sucks ;)

P.S i hope this thread doesnt turn into a Brockdorff vs Robinson essay battle :(
To be honest, coming from NI we have to fly, and flights to Spain are as cheap if not cheaper than mainland UK.

Yes I would go abroad for it, but would still prefer it to be a British location/event. At the right time of year, Britain can be as warm as anywhere......

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I would think (and please correct me if I am wrong) that the majority, say the 80th percentile, wouldn't really care too much about any series points attained in the Millennium.
I would also think these teams are only going to Millenniums because they wanna be part of a big event and can play in what they perceive, as the cream of paintball, which as far as Europe goes, the Millennium is.

And so on that basis, if another opportunity came along to play against the top Yank teams and the top Euros and of course it being a razzmatazz, no holds barred, all singing all dancing tourney, I think I'd wanna go ... but I am putting myself in the position of the average European tourney baller, am I correct in what I think, in that the average baller would wanna attend?