Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choosing my First Marker??!

Steve Lowe

Jan 22, 2017
I would most definitely be looking at a Gtek, they shoot nice and are pretty quiet. But what I think is most important is the ease of maintenance. A few of the guys I play with use Gtek's I haven't seen any of them having problems, and they can keep up with the best.

Jaffa91

May 29, 2017
My first marker was an ION, was very reliable and easy to use, admittedly it was a complete strip job when it needed to be cleaned which wasn't always enough easy.

Since then I've had Ego's and currently have an Etek and for maintenance,use and quality I won't be changing anytime soon.

Best to try before you buy if you are able too.

Louise

May 31, 2016
Surrey, UK
Don't know if you have bought yet but I have the mini gs and I like it. Not too big/heavy either.
I did upgrade to a lighter tank.

Rob Owens

Sep 19, 2017
I've got about £200 for a second hand marker. Looking at etek 3/4. Are they difficult to maintain?

Kyle_W

Sep 22, 2017
Agree with the post about Eclipse, great customer service and aftercare is spot on. My favourite marker was my 07 ego although never shot anything later as stopped playing. Also enjoyed my Mini although it was a little tempremental as to which type of batteries it liked.

Louise

May 31, 2016
Surrey, UK
Also enjoyed my Mini although it was a little tempremental as to which type of batteries it liked.
That's interesting. I haven't noticed this about my mini. I've been using amazon's batteries and occasionally some cheap ones but it doesn't seem to complain.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
That's interesting. I haven't noticed this about my mini. I've been using amazon's batteries and occasionally some cheap ones but it doesn't seem to complain.
As long as the battery has sufficient power that the solenoid wants and everything runs well then all is good

Many of us will recommend Duracell or certain specific batteries. If you have an unusual problem then check the batteries, change them and change again if need be. Even quality brands can be a dodgy batch which works perfectly on anything but your gun then doesn’t shoot well

I had a teammate who had major grief with his TM7. It would work one day then fail the next and he sent it back and forth for servicing

A while back he was having problems at Paintfest and saw a TM15 going cheap. Happily trotted out and the TM15 just failed, went to the tech guy and they pulled out his cheap battery, sold him some decent batteries and magically both his TM7 and TM15 worked flawlessly